Notices

Anxiety is relentless

Old 06-28-2009, 12:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anxiety is relentless

I am still having terrible anxiety!!! It just won't seem to let up. I have several things going on in my life right now that could be producing anxiety, but no more than usual. It's hard to breathe as I keep trying to deep breath. I have exercised vigorously, only to have the anxiety return immediately after I’ve finished my workout. I have even had fleeting suicidal thought as well as thoughts of drinking. My doctor did cut me back on some of my meds a couple of months ago, I wonder if that has anything to do with it. I feel as if I am on the edge of a breakdown.

I have also had a couple of family members tell me that I am being short with them. My Mom told me I was acting like a bear with a sore @$$.
Old 06-28-2009, 12:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I would definitely talk to your doctor Suzette. Why did the doc cut back on your meds any ways? You seemed like you were doing fine for quite awhile, which seems like your meds were spot on. Definitely make an appointment and tell your doctor everything!
Hugs - Sarah
Old 06-28-2009, 12:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I guess it's time to talk to your dr about the meds, Suzette.

Anxiety is tiring, so I hope you can find a way to deal with it.
Old 06-28-2009, 01:20 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Please do tell your doctor what you've told us. You seemed to be doing well, now this. Please consult your doctor. I hope you can feel better soon.:ghug2
Old 06-28-2009, 01:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Yes I agree, time to talk with the doctor about your meds. Perhaps the drinking was compensating for what a higher dosage might help with? Not sure, but your doctor will know.
Old 06-28-2009, 02:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
TC MI

Hi, Yes talk with the doc .. so u can keep the new light in your eyes..
Old 06-28-2009, 03:36 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I agree - talk with your doc. And remember that you're invaluable and loved
Old 06-28-2009, 03:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have to go with the flow here Suzette.
See yr Doc.

D
Old 06-28-2009, 03:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I will call the doctor first thing tomorrow. I just need to make it through this day with the feeling of impending doom. I have been taking ativan, but it's not touching the panic.
Thanks for the responses.
Old 06-28-2009, 05:59 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I agree with the others. Anxiety preceeds depression(although sometimes I wonder which is worse). When I quit, it was anxiety, then depression, and then things got better. Hang in there!!!!! You CAN "whoop" this......
Old 06-28-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Suze, Get to the doctor. And don't take no for an answer. If he gives you the run around, get a new doctor. You've got enough on your plate w/o having to battle anxiety. And haven't we been through this before?
Old 06-28-2009, 10:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

i'm the same 'toomuch'...so i'm seeing my doc this week..i'll let you know
the outcome...sharing is caring....lol...Oz...
Old 06-29-2009, 09:14 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I called my therapist and I will be starting an Intensive Outpatient Program on Wednesday due to the suicidal thoughts. She seemes to think my bipolar is the cause of this and that I am in a manic upswing, which means depression is soon to follow. She called in an urgent appointment to see my psychiatrist today. I will see him at 4:00.

The minute my feet hit the floor thismorning the anxiety started. The palms of my hand and feet started sweating, my heart started racing and I really can't stand the thought of another day like this!
Old 06-29-2009, 09:21 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

I think it's wonderful that you took the bull by the horns and got the help that you need and deserve! You're in my thoughts!
Old 06-29-2009, 09:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I called my therapist and I will be starting an Intensive Outpatient Program on Wednesday due to the suicidal thoughts. She seemes to think my bipolar is the cause of this and that I am in a manic upswing, which means depression is soon to follow. She called in an urgent appointment to see my psychiatrist today. I will see him at 4:00.

The minute my feet hit the floor thismorning the anxiety started. The palms of my hand and feet started sweating, my heart started racing and I really can't stand the thought of another day like this!
hi toomutch

i can relate to your post. the anxiety and frustration sometimes mounts and becomes so intense it seems as if i'll explode.

i've also heard this experience from many, so you and me and all of us are not alone in this experience. it can be a little bit comforting sometimes to know that many others go through this as well.

you are doing all the right things here. taking action and getting in to see your psychiatrist and the outpatient work is awesome. perhaps even just taking the action will continue to help you feel better in the meantime.

i wish you peace and sucess with your recovery and feel your sucess and ease from discomfort coming.

thanks for posting as this helps me feel less alone in these same struggles of my own
Old 06-29-2009, 06:18 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I went to see my Psychiatrist and he thinks I am going through a dysphoric manic state; meaning I am manic now but instead of feeling euphoric I am experiencing extreme fear and depression mixed together with the mania.

He took me off Wellbutrin and Prozac thinking that maybe the antidepressants are causing this to happen. He left me on the lamictal for the bipolar, ativan, trazadone and clonazapan.

I will begin IOP tomorrow and they will monitor me by going to group each morning and making sure I am not spiraling out of control. They want to watch me closely because of the suicidal thoughts; if I would have had a plan my doctor would have had to hospitalize me.
Old 06-29-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you got some professional opinion Suzette....don't hesitate to call him again (or go to the ER) if you feel in danger tho.

Good luck with IOP

D