Notices

Went to a party last night

Old 06-27-2009, 08:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Went to a party last night

With all of our old drinking buddies. The theme was "hillbilly party" and everyone was supposed to dress up like a hillbilly... so me and my hubby and 2 kids all dressed up - quite a bit, it was hillarious!! Only to find that most of the other 30 guests were too cool to partake. They were all dressed more like Beverly Hillbillies than hillbillies.

You know what the funniest thing was though, my husband and I didnt drink and looked like idiots all dressed up and I am pretty sure that we had the most fun! First party in years that I didnt drink and it was the best time I have had in years!!

Except one little "ooops". I was just chowing down on this Tuna Tartar that someone had bought, even went for seconds (I am not usually a fan of the stuff) apon going for my 2nd helping I told the person who made it how much I enjoyed it. She replied "oh its easy to make, just a bit of mayo and a whole lot of vodka . I said " No wonder I like it so much!! " It was pretty funny

But I did it!! :woohoo First party sober! (minus the vodka in the tuna.. that doesnt count right?) And my hubby and I thought it was better. Why didnt we do this sooner?
Old 06-27-2009, 09:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congratulations Shelly! Glad you had fun sober!!

Tuna with mayo and vodka?????
Old 06-27-2009, 09:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
mergirl

Originally Posted by bjork View Post
Congratulations Shelly! Glad you had fun sober!!

Tuna with mayo and vodka?????
Gross. . .

Once again you'll get lots of responses on the eating booze thing, but mostly people think if you didn't know it was there and you didn't go back for more your in the clear.

I think its a trip how militant people here are about booze, but I am positive it is because they need to be to stay sober and I applaud them for going to the lengths that they do. I am fortunate to be wired a bit differently. Only you can know if the tuna could have been a trigger for you, and I suggest anyone who has those kinds of issues with alcohol pay close attention to these fine folk on SR.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I was at a cookout Thursday night at a friend's house. Everyone was drinking but me, which I had no problem with. But then my FRIEND, who knew about me being sober, OFFERED ME A BEER. P***ed me off. I realize he was buzzed & trying to be socialble, but he should have known better. I guess that it is a GOOD thing I was offended by it.
Old 06-27-2009, 11:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I know!! The tuna was the last thing I would expect booze to be in but after she told me, I could really taste it (it was almost like a salsa type thing). I didnt go back for more though after I was told, and to start - I didnt know it was in there AND it didnt bother me or make me want to drink at all. So I think its ok.

The funny thing is how much I liked it, and then to find out why. Usually half cooked tuna grosses me out but when you put vodka in it, guess I'll eat anything!! :lol
Old 06-27-2009, 12:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Glad you had fun! Being sober really doesn't suck
Old 06-27-2009, 12:20 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Nice work! Sounds like you were the party without partying
Old 06-27-2009, 12:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Haha, well done, its always fun to be the best dressed at a costume party! Glad you guys had such a good time!