Notices

... gonna lose my home

Old 06-25-2009, 09:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy ... gonna lose my home

Ugh my family are so against me especially... even my Mom brought up about the driving again since I don't drive at my age and how the fact is without it "I may force her to sell this house someday to get food" real nice. Since we live in such a rural area it's a "necessity" to drive, I give the hell up... I'm just a ****** as the papers say. All the moving I did in my life... to think I'm gonna lose another home.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

need more info, really don't understand this post....
Old 06-25-2009, 09:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

yr mom is probably just letting off steam Shunned...is she drinking again or not?

I wouldn't let yourself worry too much about it right now....even if she did move, chances are she'd want you to move with her.

D
Old 06-25-2009, 09:21 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I'm unclear why your driving or not driving
would force your Mom to sell the house for food.

Perhaps she was upset and worried about something else?
Sometimes I get really dramatic over things and fuss
with no real reason. I just bet she does too.

Hope the 2 of you can find peace....
Old 06-25-2009, 09:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

because she's angry that I can't drive since I'm almost 24, and she's mad at everyone who's against her since she bought alcohol for me in the first place and other people are making my life their business when they have no legal right to do so, either way ... what's the point.... ugh...
Old 06-25-2009, 09:26 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope it blows over soon Shunned - can you go to yr room or something?
I think your moms probably being a bit dramatic like Carol said...

D
Old 06-26-2009, 05:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

If nothing changes, not much changes?

Make some changes.
Old 06-26-2009, 05:44 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Shunned,

It sounds like you're in a difficult situation. I hope you can make some positive changes in your life. My mother was toxic in my life and I had to remove myself emotionally from her in order to recover. Are there options - can you take driving lessons, or can you move to a more urban area to look for work and to llive?
Old 06-26-2009, 08:05 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

don't know honestly anna, don't know ... I knew this was going to happen someday I knew I didn't have the tools to complete it and I know I don't possess the abilities to "make changes", so 'tommy' don't tell me what the heck I have to do when you don't know the whole story. god.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:07 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Then tell us the whole story, so we can give advice that is helpful
Old 06-26-2009, 08:30 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Sorry Shunned... I didn't mean to incite any negativity.

keep coming back, talk it out.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Focus

Shunned, I'm confused about something. Are you unable to drive because of the alcohol that your mother first supplied you with? Did you get a DUI? Did you never get your license because you couldn't stay away from alcohol or drugs long enough to do it sober? Do you have a disability of some sort?

I just joined, but people here seem to be very helpful if you say what's on your mind. That is also the benefit of it being annonymous. I mean Laura Andersen isn't my real name. It doesn't matter. Share your story if you want. No one knows you so the advice will be totally unbias.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:10 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I'm unable to drive because I just am too afraid that I'll get in an accident, that my lack of intelligence with cars/mechanics will make me do something stupid when I drive and I'll hit someone or I'll be killed in the car. No I never drove in my life, laura.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:25 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

It's hard to understand your situation. A little more detail would help. You have my apologies in advance if I'm being invasive.

Okay, anxiety prevents you from driving. Got that much.

Your mom has been the one buying alcohol for you and some people are mad at her for it. Who are they and why do they care?

Who are the people intruding in your life who have no legal right to do so?

How did you wind up in the papers?
Old 06-26-2009, 10:22 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Heathen

Not sure what's going on there, why you live with your family at 24, or why you can't drive. Do you choose not to drive? Did you lose your license? Are you unable to work? Get an apartment? What does driving have to do with your mom and her mortgage..

Sorry, but at your age, not sure why all this would be happening.

There are very helpful people here, and I would highly recommend that if you WANT some help, you don't be inconsiderate and rude to the people here giving you their time.

Just clarify what it is you're dealing with, and maybe we could be helpful.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:04 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Focus

Originally Posted by shunnedthrulife View Post
I'm unable to drive because I just am too afraid that I'll get in an accident, that my lack of intelligence with cars/mechanics will make me do something stupid when I drive and I'll hit someone or I'll be killed in the car. No I never drove in my life, laura.
Shunned, you seem very honest which is an awesome thing. It is better to be afraid to drive than to have too big of an ego when starting out. I still need one more answer just given the forum this is in. Id your only fear your lack of mechanical skills? Disregard what I'm about to say if there is also a sobriety issue.

Yes, you will make mistakes when you drive but the majority of accidents don't result in grave injury or death. Injury or death is the far out exception, not the rule. I've gotten into a couple of accidents (two were my fault)... in one no damage was done to my car or the other and in the other that was my fault, my car was totaled, the other car was fine and I left with a ticket and a tow truck but nothing physical. Seriously, don't drink or do drugs and drive, but don't fear not having the mechanical skills to do it when not under the influence. I have been driving for 13 yrs and my motto still is "if the car makes a weird noise, turn up the radio"... not good, but just shows you that you don't need mechanical skills to drive. Driving is a great feeling. I put on about 20,000+ per year and I love nearly every minute of it!
Old 06-26-2009, 01:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
mergirl

Are you forced to live with your mom because of a disability?

I find anyone I live with gets on my nerves some days (and vice versa). Try and find some personal space and avoid her a bit maybe. Or sometimes just trying to be nice (even if we aren't feeling nice) will take the edge out of an argument.