Notices

Most Amazing AA Story

Old 06-24-2009, 11:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Most Amazing AA Story

So, last weekend was pretty bad for me...drank for 3 days straight. Kids are so mad at me (especially the oldest) that they don't want to be in the same room with me. Can't say I blame them.

Called my doctor on Monday morning in a panic. My blood pressure was 161/107. I thought for sure I was going to have a stroke. I had an appointment for 11:00 it was 10:00. Called the local AA number and said I needed to talk to Sharon right away. Well, there are about three or four. I told them my name and that I had spoke with her about a month ago. As soon as I got out of my doctors appt. She was in the parking lot ready to take me to a noon AA meeting. I was crying and carrying about how I couldn't go in, I was scared, I 'bout broke her nails of from squeezing her hand. We walked in just a tad late a sat in the back row. I cried hysterically the entire time...as people went to get coffee they would walk behind me and rub my shoulders or pat me on the back There must have be 50 people there. At the end of the meeting I had the greatest urge to stand up and tell these people what this lady had done for me...and I did...now she is crying too. They gave me a sheet with a ton of names and phone numbers. So the meeting is over and we lingered a bit and I was getting ansy to go on my way. And Sharon said "Oh no you don't." We are going to another meeting tonite. So we took me to lunch (I bought - figured I owed her that much). I then went to my husband's office to discuss what I had done. I had told Sharon I didn't think I could but she told me I needed to talk to him. So I did, he thought it was great and he would take care of all the kids stuff that evening so I could go. The second meeting was amazing, women only about 30 ladies all talking about the same things I have gone through. I never would have believed there were so many.

The next day, I was still pretty ansy and just decided I need an other meeting and went by myself at 8:00 in the morning and another last night at 5:30.

Plan to meet my friend Sharon at 5:30 tonite for another all women meeting. At this point, I bet I have 100 handwritten names and phone numbers of people who want to talk to me no matter what.

Unbeliveable! I never thought I could do it or needed, but let me tell you, don't knock it till you try it!!!!!

AA!
Old 06-24-2009, 12:24 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I'm glad you found AA and have made a decision to stop drinking. It not only harms us but those we love.

At this point, I bet I have 100 handwritten names and phone numbers of people who want to talk to me no matter what
Hopefully you will use them
Old 06-24-2009, 01:02 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

what an outstanding story, happens over and over and over all day, every day, in every state & in countries all around the world!!!!!!!

24/7 there is help.

I must be willing.

To change.

To build a new life.

One I never dreamed was possible.....but, today, I have EMPIRICAL PROOF.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:35 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Eclipse...please....don't leave before the miracle happens. I'd say "just keep coming back" but I'd prefer that you just stay.
Old 06-24-2009, 02:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

AA is truly a miracle program.

Call a number each day and just say 'thanks'.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:51 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

What a great story, C! Thanks for sharing that with us. It just goes to show what one phone call and a kind soul can do.
Old 06-25-2009, 08:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I went to another meeting last night and there were over 40 people just like me. Moms who got in too far. I can hardly wait to go today.

The funny thing is I always had the excuse that I don't have time to go or there are no meetings near me...but there are over 20 meetings a day that are all within driving distance for me.....My new addiction!!! Better than the old one!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:48 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

My new addiction
Definitely a good one Mine too!
Old 06-25-2009, 08:58 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Great news!
Old 06-25-2009, 02:29 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ah Eclipse. This is wonderful, wonderful news honey. I am so happy for you!! You found your niche and for that I am truly grateful. Hugs - Sarah
Old 06-25-2009, 02:58 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

That's wonderful news. I am happy for you!