Notices

1 week

Old 06-23-2009, 04:22 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

1 week

Well I did it. Made it thru one week tonight without a drop of the demon booze... Can't believe it really.
I know it's only one week. And I promise I won't post everyday after this to let you know that I haven't had a drink! (although I may after 1 month, heh).

How do I feel? Dunno. That's an honest answer! I don't feel elated, I don't feel Fantastic, I guess it's still early days. I think?
One downer for today... I was supposed to go to Rehab today, to see what the 'Group' thing is like. But I overslept, darnit!!!
The guy who was gonna 'induct' me phoned me up.. and after I sheepishly said my apologies, he suggested we meet up on Thursday instead.

Oh.. I have a question: Ever since I stopped drinking, and especially after detox, when I go to bed (late), I walk like I'm drunk... any suggestions as to what the heck that is??
Old 06-23-2009, 04:25 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Congrats on your week Eog
Great stuff.

No ideas on the late night 'drunk walking' thing - I'd get it checked out if it persists.
Set yr alarm on Thursday mate LOL
D
Old 06-23-2009, 04:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Good for you!

And, I didn`t feel elated at that point either. I had a lot of guilt to work through, but I knew I was on the right path, and so are you!
Old 06-23-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats on your 1st week. Your body could just be remembering the ole stumble off to bed routine ;-)
Old 06-23-2009, 04:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Congrats on your week Eog
Great stuff.

No ideas on the late night 'drunk walking' thing - I'd get it checked out if it persists.
Set yr alarm on Thursday mate LOL
D
OK will do heh
Old 06-23-2009, 05:08 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Congrats on one week! Well done!

I was uncoordinated that first week, heck I still stumble here and there. But not nearly as bad as when I was drinking. Are you taking medication to help with the withdrawals? Could it be the meds?
Old 06-23-2009, 06:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey chama. Thanks for the congrats!. Actually I've finished the detox bit (if I'm correct), not on any meds now expect extra B vitamins (and venlafaxine for my depression, etc). So it isn't the meds. Dunno what it could be!
Old 06-23-2009, 07:24 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hi Eog *waves*

glad i saw your post...gosh i hope you do post everyday to tell us you are sober!

Those of us who have been where you have been with alchohol know that every day sober is a freakin miricle! Sure we work for it, but many work hard and never get it....

Hope you post lots more eog you have alot to give to the word
Old 06-23-2009, 07:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

Spifferific!!!

One week is a great accomplishment. Please do keep us up to date on how youre doing, we'd love to share in your progress. Welcome to the sober side of life, it isnt always sunny but we've got umbrellas! lol
Old 06-23-2009, 08:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Eog - There is a "Class of June" thread in the Daily support section if you ever feel like chatting with some of the other newbies (like myself)

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...art-2-a-8.html
Old 06-23-2009, 11:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

'Stumbling like your drunk." do a google search of "Ataxia"..I have it...Oz..
But,a disscussion with a doc, if it gets worse; is advisable..
Old 06-23-2009, 11:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Congratulations on everything EOG!!!!

Yes, set your alarm Wednesday night.

Chama invited you to the Class of June link.....I'm there too! Come say "Hi"

I don't know about the stumbling thing.....maybe you are just exhausted and haven't been able to read your body correctly sober. You know....like the child that wants to stay up late but dumps his face in his plate b/c he can't hold his head up? I know if I wake up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom I can stumble and/or sway.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:34 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thank you Ananda, vivid, Oz, and Bjork...
Hey ananda, haven't 'seen' you for AGES... well not in response to any of my recent posts, anyway! Hope everything is well with you.
Chama and Bjork...I've 'joined' (if that's the right word, as it's not a chat room)- that Thread you suggested.. hope to 'see' you in there!.
Take care all and remember.. One Day At A Time
Old 06-24-2009, 06:44 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Good to see you over in the other thread Eog! Just for the record, the June thread is open to everyone and anyone. Don't need an invitation or anything like that! I only mentioned it because not everyone may be aware of it. Anyone who is interested should just chime in!