Notices

so this is what breathing feels like

Old 06-22-2009, 08:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

so this is what breathing feels like

Hows it going SR? Its been a while since i last posted anything but I have been reading others stories and just trying to move further along in this detox process..Its been 15 days since i had a drink or a xanax but i did relapse with a few percocet a week ago which def. set me back...Regardless i now have a week again and I am feeling so much better than i have in a long time. Ive been playing guitar and writing music and much as possible and its amazing how creative one can be when they are not under the influence...My mind is so much clearer, for a while there i couldnt even pick up a pen or a guitar, which is what i do for a living so you can imagine how stressful that was...Now i feel like i have my spark back and hope to get on the road soon with my band and pursue my dreams again...The best part of this whole sobriety thing for me has got to be the improvment in health im finally starting to feel...My digestive system is so much better, and my anxiety/panic attacks havent been haunting my every waking moment like they were which is SUCH A RELIEF. I havent even wanted a pill or a drink and im pretty sure this is my pink cloud stage, so im not trying to get too high on my horse cause i know theres gonna be ups and downs... Anyway guess i just wanted to check in and let anyone know who is new here that is does get better with time.. A week into my sobriety i was still miserable and hopeless and had a slip but the next morning i awoke and realized that to feel the warmth from a substance is useless because when you wake up it all starts again...Im also posting a link that i found quite inspiring, check it out if you could use some inspiration yourself..

YouTube - Ferguson Speaks From The Heart
Old 06-22-2009, 09:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Make it happen.
Old 06-22-2009, 01:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're doing well Yankees24
If thats the one I've seen, I like the Craig Ferguson vid too

D