Notices

my illusions that I'm still fighting

Old 06-22-2009, 06:06 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I'll have a go:
1. Alcohol is the only thing in my life that I can always depend on

Alcohol is a gamble for me. It's like going to the races and winning or losing. I have no idea as to the outcome, so I can't depend on it. I could end up having a couple of glasses of wine and go to bed safe, or I could end up sleeping it off in the tool shed, with my family wondering where the hell I am.

2. It never leaves me alone, it never hurts me, it always makes me feel like I belong

It can hurt me. Real bad. It actually leaves me alone as well: I don't like associating with people when I'm drunk.

3. It gets rid of all my boredom, all of my anxiety

Can't agree there: I had intense alcohol induced anxiety and sobriety took that horrible feeling away. Bored? well, yeah, I can be bored drunk or sober. That is another issue.

4. It makes me patient

Can't agree there either: I had a rip-your-face-off temper when drinking. Patience I am finally learning in sobriety.

5. It makes me creative

Can't agree there, either. I was always too butt-lazy to do anything drunk. I was an artist and alcohol made me quit doing art for 10 years. Only in sobriety have I started to work with art again.

6. It makes me into a fun person

Only in my own opinion! I wouldn't want to ask other people how fun I was. I don't think I would like the answer.

7. It makes life worth living
If I could stay awake long enough. I was always sleeping off a drunk or passed out or blacked out, so life worth living was not really on the menu.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:51 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

dillusional

there was a time not all that long ago that i sincerely believed that life would not be worth living without alcohol. if that's not a dillusion i don't know what is.
Old 06-26-2009, 07:59 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Heathen

delusions, excuses, 'reasons', lies..

I learned that it was ME that made ME those things that I loved.. and was completely unable to experience it or enhance it all drunked up all the time.

After being sober for a while, I keep amazing myself.. and I love that.
Old 06-26-2009, 08:16 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

here's what I have been taught to ask myself when thoughts like that come to me:

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT INFORMATION???

Ooooooooh!

Again?

Yep.

MY MIND.........lol, I hate it when that happens!!!

Bad place to go for information!!!!
Old 06-26-2009, 08:33 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
mergirl

The only thing I can count on alcohol for is being the one substance on earth that will lie to me so boldly I will lose all sense of what I believe is right and wrong.