Notices

Laughter is the Best Medicine

Old 08-22-2009, 06:36 AM
  # 161 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

A Football Fable

Andy Reid had put together the perfect Eagles team, missing only a stud quarterback. He had scouted all the colleges, even the Canadian and European leagues, but he couldn't find a ringer to guarantee a Super Bowl win. One night he was watching a war-zone scene in Iraq on TV. In the background of one shot, he saw a young Iraqi soldier with a truly incredible arm.

He threw a hand grenade straight into a 15th story window 100 yards away. KABOOM!

He threw another grenade 75 yards, pitching it right into a chimney. KA-BLOOEY!

Then he threw another into a car passing at 90 mph. BULL'S-EYE!

"I've got to get this guy!" Reid shouted. "He's got the perfect arm!" He finds him and brings him to the States and teaches him the great game of football. The Eagles go on to win the Super Bowl. The young Iraqi is hailed as a great hero, and when Reid asks him what he wants, he says he wants to call his mother.

"Mom," he says into the phone, "I just won the Super Bowl!"

"I don't want to talk to you," the old Muslim woman snaps. "You deserted us. You are not my son!"

"You don't understand, Mother," the QB pleads. "I've won the greatest sporting event in the world. I'm here among thousands of my adoring fans."

"No! Let me tell you!" his mother retorts. "At this very moment there are gunshots all around us. The neighborhood is a pile of rubble. The elections are a joke. Your two brothers were beaten within an inch of their lives last week, and I have to keep your sister in the house so she doesn't get raped!"

The old lady pauses, then tearfully adds, "I will never forgive you for making us move to Philadelphia!"
Old 08-25-2009, 03:40 PM
  # 162 (permalink)  
Im not crazy and neither am I

Old 08-25-2009, 03:44 PM
  # 163 (permalink)  
Administrator

how you doing frst?

D
Old 08-26-2009, 09:36 AM
  # 164 (permalink)  

im finally off of the pain meds
they gave me a new one lyrica - one of the side effects is that it makes one feel "high"
super
im not taking it
it was not much fun the last couple days
i got off them gradually but still managed to have a couple **** days......
thanks for asking
things are getting back to normal today i think......or as normal as they can be.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:37 AM
  # 165 (permalink)  

Day 5-ish off of pain meds. I think its messing with my mind and body. Have strange light headedness and feel somewhat weightless.. Could be the lyrica which I wasnt going to take ? I took the one and nothing happened. I still had pain. I called the Dr and told him my experience. Does anyone know about this medication lyrica for put pain ? No, really. Im looking for some feedback. From one of us AAor NA folks.
Thanks in advance...

you may now return to posting jokes.

I know the weather here has been great so I havent been around much either.

Went to the Cape for a later afternoon and early evening cruise, a swim and a walk on the beach. And of course a good seafood feed !!!!

What more could one ask for to get away in the afternoon when the day isnt going so well. Just walk away ? Whats wrong with that. There was nothing I could do.
Old 08-28-2009, 09:38 AM
  # 166 (permalink)  

Oh, yeah, the truck now starts but the clutch is stuck starting w the pedal and the hydraulics. super.

my fear: of the unknown, not knowing how to fix it, not knowing what else may be wrong. It has effectively sat for 2 1/2 years and still started 1st try w a new battery.
I guess its to be expected and it wasnt in perfect condition when I took it offf the road.

Just another day in paradise. !!!
Old 08-28-2009, 04:45 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Administrator

Have you tried the pain management forum, frst? Might be a good place to get others expriences.

Recovery and Pain Management - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

I've never taken lyrica.
D
Old 08-29-2009, 03:19 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

Ill look around over there and maybe post something......
thanks D
Old 08-29-2009, 03:23 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

There was the end of a hurricane off of the carolinas that ended up here and made the new england coast a little rugged for a few days but the weather was .......tropical
hot and humid.
Today there is one about 200 miles off of the new england coast or maybe closer.....
hard rain all day
no truck work today
there was a guy at my meeting last night that said he would come over if the weather cooperates on sunday. Fingers crossed. Seems as though people take off to have fun when the weather is nice ?@!!@ What is wrong with them ? Whaddathey have lives or something ???!!!!! LOL
Not on my time will most things happen.
Old 08-29-2009, 03:28 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  

They still dont happen when *I* want them to.
mmmmmph
Old 08-29-2009, 03:36 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  
Administrator

don't worry frst I'm already in tomorrow - it looks good

D
Old 08-30-2009, 10:20 AM
  # 172 (permalink)  

the guy from the meeting who was going to help w my truck is not answering his phone
sigh
maybe he will call later..... ?
I should have the confidence to do this but I just cant seem to attack it with out getting some more input from someone who can help see what is happening.

I just dont understand how the clutch and stuff works. I can see at least one problem, or what i think might be the problem.
I just cant start replacing parts.
I dont have the place to drop a transmission - even if i did know what I was doing....lol.
AT some point Im going to get frustrated w people places and things and go out there and start breaking things.....I think.
Old 08-30-2009, 01:42 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  
Administrator

I have absolutely no experience in this area LOL

D
Old 08-31-2009, 06:59 AM
  # 174 (permalink)  

No experience with automotive or getting frustrated and breaking things ???? heh heh...
Old 08-31-2009, 09:09 AM
  # 175 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

frstnm I have dropped a tranny before, but it was VERY dead, the tranny case was cracked and there was no salvation for it!

How to repair one? LOL I go to some one who knows what they are doing!!!!

Aternators, plaugs, filters, I can do most of them, but that takes no experience, skill or training, heck I am getting to old to be crawling around under a truck and getting dirty!
Old 08-31-2009, 10:26 AM
  # 176 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Old 08-31-2009, 10:30 AM
  # 177 (permalink)  
let it grow!

Old 08-31-2009, 03:49 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  
Administrator

No experience with automotive or getting frustrated and breaking things ???? heh heh...
the first one - I could teach college in the second one
D
Old 08-31-2009, 04:38 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Auto Repair

An auto mechanic received a repair order that said to check for a clunking noise when going around corners.

He took the car out for a test drive and made two right turns, each time hearing a loud clunk.

Back at the shop, he returned the car to the service manager with this note: "Removed bowling ball from trunk."
Old 08-31-2009, 04:43 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Im getting a little old to be doing it too but.....
This time I can justify the expense because it is a major part of the vehicle.
Clutch and E Brake - Kinda have to have those to operate...safely and legally around here.
I was told I would hear from them today and didnt but that is typical for garages...
Hopefully it wont put me too far behind. I only really have the $ for the license reinstatement and insurance with a little to spare for plates and a written test.....

I like these guys who talk like they know what the registry is going to do and really have no idea. Principals not personalities. Seriously, I dont think I was ever THAT full of SH*T. It is debatable.