Notices

on the brink

Old 06-19-2009, 09:47 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by janitorking View Post
for example: if you drink while taking this medication your testicles will fall off.
Oh my God, that made me burst out laughing, thanks for that I needed it:ghug2
Old 06-19-2009, 09:59 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Welcome to the SR community!!

Keep moving forward and thank you for staying sober today!!
Old 06-19-2009, 10:20 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by janitorking View Post
. i wish they made more severe versions of antabuse. for example: if you drink while taking this medication your testicles will fall off.
People die every day because of alcohol abuse & people are killed every day due to drinking & driving.

Your balls are pretty low on the scale comparatively speaking ;-)

All of the best in your recovery

NB
Old 06-19-2009, 11:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

thank you. i agree that my balls don't quite compare but that would be a pretty good deterrent. ;-)
Old 06-19-2009, 11:50 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

i'm glad i could put a smile on at least one person's face today. :-)
Old 06-20-2009, 12:09 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

jk, make that two smiles, lol.
Old 06-20-2009, 12:15 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

jk, just so you know... I also had a smile when I posted about your "balls" :rotfxko:rotfxko

Does that /\ ever sound wrong lol

Never thought I would post about someones balls. lmao

Man, is this thread going in the wrong direction quickly hehe
Old 06-20-2009, 12:31 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

moving on? LOL
D
Old 06-20-2009, 12:36 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Astro View Post
My wife kept telling me that for years and I blew it off every time, just kept drinking, apologizing, and hearing blah blah blah. She's my ex now, and I can't blame her either.

Welcome to SR janitorking, you're in a good place with great people. Keep using your sponsor and taking those Steps until you're finished, and practice them every day. If you're really having those doubts, just bring your body for now and the mind will follow.
Sorry to hear about your wife. I was on the verge of losing everything. My partner, my kids, my house. my job and my own business. BUT I woke up one dat and thought, I cannot carry on like this and risk everything. I know I am only on day 20 but things are 100 times better already.
Old 06-20-2009, 01:43 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Hey and welcome...

I dont know for me its about doing it right... because we all do it different... but its about TRYING...
As long as for today i try not to drink i have done my best and will not drink.... like has been said... tomorrow is another day and i will wake up and try again....

Each day sober though is making it easier.... but i cant even think now about what will happen tomorrow... nevertheless saying to myself i will never drink again... thats too much pressure on me just now....

But with one day at a time... im making it.... others around me are seeing the difference... i dont so much... but they do....

Hopefully that will be the way for you too with yur wife...

Again welcome.... and just keep trying

be well
louis
Old 06-20-2009, 02:24 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

i've found a really good sponsor and have been attending aa. i want to stay positive but i really cannot imagine beating this.
I know exactly what you mean!
I was on antabuse for 6 months and when I stopped I was extremely worried that my aa involvement and my addiction counseling would not be enough.
Sure enough, I had relapses. As I describe it to my sponsor, antabuse only helped me stay away from alcohol, it really didn't help me live sober. So, after antabuse, I feel like I had to start all over again: learning and using tools, learning what one day at a time actually means.
(I'm a week at a time person......)
But in a way that's a good thing.
I struggle all the time but in the past few weeks I have started to believe that the program can work. Because others here on SR and in AA have stopped and stayed stopped.

I have reached the point where I think: I don't know exactly how this is going to work for me, how AA is going to work for me, but I have to have faith. Having faith in the unknown is just totally alien for me: I want to know exactly how things are going to work before they happen!

Yesterday was a huge drinking holiday in Sweden. I woke up this morning for the first time in 24 years without a killer hangover! Little things like that give me faith!