Notices

Tgif

Old 06-19-2009, 06:23 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Tgif

Fridays use to mean different things than they do now. Fridays use to signal the time to kick things into overdrive and go for broke....to drink myself as close to a comatose state as I could get. Now, it means the start of relaxation...camping trips, waterparks, deep sea fishing...things to enjoy rather than things to destroy(like my body). With newfound sobriety, you start seeing things clearer obviously. You find things out about yourself. For instance, while I was getting smashed, I turned into the human form of a bat. The bars I went to were as dark as a cave and many felt like one. It could be 2 o'clock in the afternoon, but in the bar it might as well have been midnight. No windows, only darkness that was broken by the glow off the jukebox and neon beer signs. And it didnt stop there, my friends. I wouldnt stumble out of the bar until it was actually dark outside...only to go home, pass out, wake up the next morning in a hangover and make sure to not turn on any lights because it would make sick. Then 2 oclock comes and I'm starting to come around only to do it all over again. A freaking bat I tell ya. Not anymore. Now I enjoy the weekends outdorrs. In the sunlight. With family and friends. Its a whole new world out there and I'm livin' it. I wish all of you a great weekend. Have fun and stay sober.
Old 06-19-2009, 06:25 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Sounds VERY familiar to me.
Old 06-19-2009, 07:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

You know when I first got sober it was because I could not handle it anymore and I did not want to die alone and drunk.

Little did I know that staying sober and 12 simple steps would lead me to living life! I just wanted to not die.
Old 06-19-2009, 08:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

sure makes Mondays a lot easier coming into work with out a hang over!!

I spend lot of weekends sailing. Not sure I'd want to be drunk on a sail boat on a windy day. Good way to get into some serious trouble. There've been several wind burst with the crazy weather we've had and a couple of of masts have snapped in two one of the sail boat went over and the sail got under water. With the added weight of the water, the mast came crashing down.

Not like you can walk away from a boat either!!
Old 06-19-2009, 08:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You sound really peaceful, Thirst.
I'm happy for you