SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   How Did You Come Up With Your Screen Name (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/178401-how-did-you-come-up-your-screen-name.html)

PurpleCat 09-09-2009 06:57 AM

Purple is my favorite color, and I love cats. Could have easily been PurpleDog, too :P Google PurpleCat and you come up with a whole lot of things that are not me, which is all good.

The avatar reminds me of the purple cat in the children's book "Brown Bear, Brown Bear". My son loved that book when he was a toddler.

recycle 09-09-2009 09:22 AM

A few years ago I started riding my bicycle to work a few days a week, and then I started riding it around town for errands. Sure it takes a five extra minutes to travel the five miles across town to work, but it feels more like a journey than a commute. The experience began to open my eyes to all the useless stuff in my life and how I was letting it define me. So I began to get rid of stuff. Chemical addictions are just the next thing to go. So I guess I am trying to recycle my mind, body, and spirit in an effort to regain some of the things I have squandered. I did not capitalize it because it is a process and not a destination. At least for right now, I feel more comfortable being a verb instead of a noun. I don’t remember where I got the image of Lao Tzu on a bike, but it seemed to fit the theme.

IO Storm 09-09-2009 10:38 AM

These are all so neat!

Thanks, Bee, for the thread.

Mine is simple. It is my signature line..

God holds me still in the eye of the storm.

I had been in such a hurricane of chaos, caused by my own selfish actions due to

my addictions..and when my HP met me at the crossroads of a decision..I surrendered.

There...I went into the "eye of the storm"..

You see, the hurricane is always there...I can choose to re-enter the walls of the

hurricane or tornado by simply picking up that first drink or pill, and by living only

according to my selfish desires and by my rules.

For this day..this 24 hours, I am safe in the eye of the storm.

IO for short! lol

kotabear 09-09-2009 11:00 AM

on of my daughter's middle name is Lakota, and I call her Kota, aka Kotabear, use it on forums. :c014:

ElegantlyWasted 09-09-2009 11:04 AM

INXS song. Seems an apropos noms de guerre.

Believe808 09-09-2009 11:11 AM

This is so cool reading all about your screen names.

Trader Jane, I love Trader Joes, never walk out of there without a basket of bags, lol.

Purple cat, your avi reminds me somehow of Where the wild things go....a book my kids just loved.

IO that is just perfect, the eye of the storm.

Oh please do keep up, there are so many of us here on SR.

PurpleCat 09-09-2009 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by Believe808 (Post 2359437)
Purple cat, your avi reminds me somehow of Where the wild things go....a book my kids just loved.

I can see that too. Where the Wild Things Go --- one of the best books ever!

Reese321 09-09-2009 11:33 AM

Reese, in Scottish, means the "ardent one." One must certainly be ardent to survive abusing alcohol! A coincidence to say the least. I have been using it for 11 years on forums.

:)

IO Storm 09-09-2009 12:23 PM

"Where the Wild Things Go"..

The wild things said,

"Oh, oh..please don't go...we'll eat you up, we love so!"

But Max said.. "No."

Not verbatim..lol.

Loved that book too! My son did almost as much as I... :lmao

Believe808 09-09-2009 12:30 PM

Thanks IO, you make my heart smile.

a fallen man 09-09-2009 12:45 PM

mine simply describes what i am. i am thankful for this site to help me up. the avatar is a pose i've been found in too many times after way too much vodka on the living room sofa. passed out.

karma79 09-09-2009 12:47 PM

i wanted karma_coma but it was taken so i just went with karma. And 79 is the year I was born!! wow I am so creative!!!

:scorebad:

Missybuns 09-09-2009 01:00 PM

My brother nick-named me Missybuns 35 years ago...been Missybuns for a looong time!

He started calling me "Missy" when I was 7 and he was 9. We were sibbling rivals...and he teased me alot and we fought frequently. I'd get him back every chance I could! His best friend had a dog named "Missy" .....so he started teasing me and calling me "Missy!" to be calling me that was calling me a dog LOL...I absolutely hated it!

He'd sneer at me MMMMisssssseeeeeey! That's how "Missy" started.

As the years went on he continued to call me Missy. About the time we got to be teen agers we started getting along better and it was a nicer more endearing "Missy"

One day, he and one of his friends and I were without adult supervision at our house. We decided to make hamburgers. They put me in charge of the buns. They said "ok Missy we need buns!".......Missy get the buns!" then they started chanting "Missy! Buns! Missy Buns! Missy Buns!"

From that day forward I have been Missybuns.

Astro 09-09-2009 01:26 PM

Our dog's name is Missy, and I have this sudden urge to teach her to fetch hamburger buns :wink: :lmao

Believe808 09-09-2009 01:32 PM

Sikkisirus I love that movie and I really like your avi.

Missybuns 09-09-2009 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by astro (Post 2359602)
our dog's name is missy, and i have this sudden urge to teach her to fetch hamburger buns :wink: :lmao

lol

KenL 09-09-2009 03:18 PM

Ya know B808, I just realized that I really shouldn't change my user name. I mean, what if I want to use my Ken doll avatars again? It just wouldn't be the same. So in honor of you B808 I'm changin' my avi back to Ken doll for a time. Say buh-bye to spacey Ken for a while. (It's actually a painting of the Archangel Raphael) :)

Cath1029 09-09-2009 03:41 PM

My screen name:

Cath is short for Catherine, my grandmother's name and my daughter's middle name.

1029 is my daughter's birthday, October 29th.

Believe808 09-09-2009 04:53 PM

Yes Ken, glad you changed back to Ken but I so much loved the other one. I have beautiful angel statues here in my home and my favorite is the Archangel Raphael.

Cath my daughters B'day is 10/27

Enough21 09-09-2009 05:23 PM

Well, I thought I'd had enough, of course. The number 21 is for my 21st birthday, which I feel was when the flood gates were opened. As soon as I could buy myself all the alcohol I wanted, well...I did. Now I wish that I had picked something a bit more creative and upbeat. Some of these names are just so good!!