SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   How Did You Come Up With Your Screen Name (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/178401-how-did-you-come-up-your-screen-name.html)

SillyBilly 06-16-2009 02:00 AM

Great point SteppingItUp! Mods can you rename the thread title to include - tell us about your avatar, or something.
If the original author doesn't mind .. Believe808 ;)

My name was just the first thing that popped into my head when I signed up to SR. I'd been a very silly boy, messing about all these years with substance abuse, and billy rhymes with silly.

My avatar will probably change. I chose it because
A) I'm going through withdrawal right now - and that's how I feel lol
B) I'm an egotistical narcissist and a sarcastic jerk a lot of the time
C) I LOVE SCRUBS

Believe808 06-16-2009 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by tangram (Post 2263482)
I use a pretty standard screen name for most posting.

So I wanted something friends/families/posters couldn't figure out. Sitting on my table is a Tangram game. A puzzle. How perfectly fitting.

I hope to be posting more than once or twice a year at some point. I lurk all the time---paranoid much?:scared: Ha!

What's a tangram game? And please don't be paranoid about posting here. We are all friends going through the same thing and helping each other in recovery. :hug: I promise, most of us don't bite :)

NEOMARXIST 06-16-2009 07:07 AM

"viva la revolution!"

LosingmyMisery 06-16-2009 07:17 PM

This is pretty simple. The longer I've been sober, the further away I get from being miserable. I was so depressed and miserable, I could hardly stand waking up each day. Today, sober, I'm losing my misery, which is a very good thing.

firestorm090 06-16-2009 09:43 PM

When I signed up here, I was in such a fog that I couldn't think of a name, my mind drew a blank, so I used the name of a book lying on my desk at the time. I can't remeber putting the 090 with it, but there it is, so I've left it all along as a reminder of how screwed up I was at the time. :a043:

tallcactus 06-16-2009 10:05 PM

I'm female and tall, 5'8.5" and live in Arizona and eveyone knows we have cactus everywhere.

whereami 06-16-2009 10:06 PM

When I first found the forum I was 7 hours away from home, pregnant and living with my fiancee. I was lost and scared and found that there had to be answers to the odd behavior I was witnessing. I was in a coffee shop and decided to use the name "where am i" which I need to change to " i am reborn" I have found so much serenity and help here and I honestly don't know what I would have done if not for the wonderful support I received here. I check every day for new members and ones going through what I did in hopes that I can help other lost souls...Have a great day, smile and God bless you all!

Astro 06-16-2009 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by tallcactus (Post 2264896)
I'm female and tall, 5'8.5" and live in Arizona and eveyone knows we have cactus everywhere.

Welcome from a fellow desert dweller, glad you've joined us on SR!

tallcactus 06-16-2009 10:40 PM

Thanks Astro!
Lurked for many months before joining. Read many posts. Truely love this site, keeps me sober and helps me to know that I'm not alone in my struggles to stay sober. Have noticed you and your location.
This site feeds my soul, had many laughs and almost at times cried right alone with the writer, when they share of the things they have done or said. I'm so grateful. I've done a few things that I'm not proud of, but I'm alive and sober today. One day at a time, that all that I can do.

firestorm090 06-16-2009 10:47 PM

Hi tallcactus,

I'd venture to say if we were proud of all we had done under the influence, this site would not exist. It is insanity that brings us here, not just the insanity of doing the smae thing over and over and expecting different results, but also the insanity of what we do while under the influence. In both ways, it is insanity to me that makes drinking such a losing proposition. Thanks for being here, and for being sober today, you give all of us inspiration just by doing that.

bnme247 06-17-2009 05:38 AM

Just checking in.........letting everyone know i haven't fallen off the face of the earth.....after the death of my lil doggie, i thought i would go off the deep end...but i'm still chuggin along....all is getting better....one day @ a time....i have missed u all....truly, and am happy to reprt i am on day 3 of no narcotics with a lil help from a friend....someone i poured my heart out to, that barely knew me.....but could relate to every thing i was feeling....he gave me some wonderful advice...and encouragement.....i was off from work yesterday...and that was my mission for the day....find a doctor that i could see asap, and i did.....!!!!!!!!!!!i am happy to report, i have joined a group, i don't have to seek na meetings....everything is all right there counseling and help!!! I will join my group oficially..(spelling has always been good w me...that's one thing that has been effecte by my use..uggghhh)anyway...on fri. June 26th......a day @ a time, chamma, believe, and the rest of you guys....i hope u are all rockin on,,,,as i had told u all before drinking wasn't my addiction, mine came in pill form, but i love the june bugs....so imma keep in touch w/ u guys....can't seem to find the love and support like u all have shown me here!!!.......ok....enuff 4 2 day.....gotta get ready for work...............................much luv, bnme247

Believe808 06-17-2009 05:46 AM

Bnme sorry about your pup, I'm a dog person. So glad you are doing okay and going strong :)

Eclipse 06-17-2009 07:48 AM

I remember sitting at my office trying to think of something unique and I just sat there thinking and thinking, uh computer, no printerhead, no pencilhead, no calendargirl, NO all of a sudden I came up with Eclipse...no idea where it came from...just popped into my head. So I went with it. Later I googled eclipse just to see what it would say and this is what I got:

In Greek: "I cease to exist," "I am absent",

The loss, usually temporary or partial, of light, brilliancy, luster, honor, consciousness, etc.; obscuration; gloom; darkness.

to darken or hide

How depressing! is this all a subconscious thing that I am just figuring out in my new state of soberness? Is there where I had gone?

Anyway, things are much brighter now...I guess it will just be a reminder of where I was and where I don't want to go again!

yankees24 06-17-2009 10:50 AM

favorite baseball team with my (former) favorite players number (tino martinez)

80sOnMyMind 06-17-2009 04:59 PM

I'm an opiate addict... oxycontin is the main problem (although all opiates are always on my mind). 80 mil are the highest OCs you can find... and i obsess about them... hence "80s On My Mind".
word.

nogard 06-17-2009 05:02 PM

Gosh I have been here awhile, I think this is the 4th one of these threads I have seen and I love it.

nogard (backward dragon) is the title of a childrens book my brother wrote.

Believe808 06-17-2009 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by yankees24 (Post 2265480)
favorite baseball team with my (former) favorite players number (tino martinez)

Mine too!!! Love, love, love Tino He is one classy fellow.

Believe808 06-17-2009 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by nogard (Post 2265965)
Gosh I have been here awhile, I think this is the 4th one of these threads I have seen and I love it.

nogard (backward dragon) is the title of a childrens book my brother wrote.

That is really cool!!!! I love children's books. I think deep down I am still a child :)

marty888 06-17-2009 05:26 PM

Pretty boring but martin's my name, and 8 is the luckiest number in chinese (Im Australian but lived in China for 3 years)

Believe808 06-17-2009 05:35 PM

Marty 8 is my favorite number and august 8 is my birthday 808