Notices

Living In Sobriety

Old 06-16-2009, 06:32 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hi Cap, Living in Sobriety is just that, the ups and downs, the comings and goings, the good and the bad, Life!!!!

Spress, I know exactly what you're feeling, I am in the F**k my life kind of day. I need to stop it, funny how now we can identify the feeling and have the choice to sit in it or step back and start our day over. I use to stay in the bad space for weeks on end, going deeper and deeper. Now I feel guilty and its like, shoo I can't stay here, not good for me. Well, I'm getting to a meeting at 1:00 and now after typing this and reading everyones posts I hate to say it, but I don't feel like F**k my life right now. I am feeling good that everyone posted, I'm actually smiling right now. Egad
Old 06-16-2009, 06:39 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

Ok, Ok, I'm up!!!!!!!!

I laughed out loud about the hot flashes and having to pee in the night. I don't have the former, but definitely the latter. My ? is where does it come from if I've been sleeping? I hate it when I wake up (and COULD fall back to sleep) and think d%^&M, I have to pee. Should I get up, or should I wait it out? Of course I can't wait it out!!!! I'm an alcoholic!!! I can't wait out ANYTHING! So, of course I get up and once I've taken care of THAT business, then I have to have a bite or 2 of ice cream and a cigarette (sorry, one addiction at a time) and by the time I get back into bed, I am completely awake!

I should just roll over when this happens...****sigh****

And Carol, you are such a dear. I LOVED your comment about being a newcomer at something! And the image of Martha was just too much!

Thanks everyone, due to you all I am starting my day with a secret grin on my face!

Seek
Old 06-16-2009, 08:37 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Each day is a victory!!
Old 06-16-2009, 08:43 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Wow isn't it awesome to see all the joiners on this thread. I don't know about anyone else, but I was never much of a joiner until I got sober - I wanted everybody to leave me the he*l alone!

I am at the office and have been irritable for some reason. I think it might be because I haven't been taking care of my diet - much like Carol. I am not diabetic, but I do love my sweets and fast food. It's taking it's toll on my mental and physical health and JUST FOR TODAY I need to make healthier choices.

A lady in the adjacent office snapped at me first thing this morning - in front of other people - and I initially took it personally (which it isn't) but did not visibly react. I waited a few minutes, then gave her what she asked for - politely. I would rather do what is right, than be right - today, anyway. Some stuff just isn't important enough for me to get upset over, and this incident falls into that category.

I hope everyone is having a good day. I can't get to a meeting until tomorrow night but I do have a hair appointment tonight and I am looking forward to a little pampering.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:10 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by barb dwyer View Post
I can't sleep for the hot flashes any more.

Was inna meeting today, and 'up' crankes 'the furnace'
three people across the table looked at me
red faced, and sweating like a racehorse...
without a word all THREE got up
two opened the windows
the other opened the door...

It keeps waking me up all night, though.
I'm perimenopausal so I'm having periodic flushes - not full on. Had one last night so I can id with you Barb there. What a pain!!!!!

I have been really down today with intermittent agitation/irritation but have made sure I eat plenty of fruit, veg and protein. Too easy and dangerous for me to hit the sweets and snacks. Doesn't mean I don't think about it though

Hugs everyone
Old 06-16-2009, 09:16 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Completed Day 3 in the attic. I am beginning to see a light at the end of THAT tunnel. Worn out, got to go to a meeting. See you pigeons later

(((Spressy)))

(((Ro))) Remember this too shall pass!!!!!
Old 06-16-2009, 09:18 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Nel you are missed. I know you are being a good auntie taking care of your nephew. Just want you to know you are not forgotten

I am so happy everybody has joined this thread, I am somewhat negative and thought I'd be posting here all by my lonesome.
Old 06-16-2009, 09:20 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  

I'm on board! I need a new positive thread in my life! I will post more later. I am home today and SO VERY HAPPY about that. I could just spit! :bounce:
Old 06-16-2009, 10:17 AM
  # 69 (permalink)  
let it grow!

got room in here for a codependent with a gardening problem?

Old 06-16-2009, 10:21 AM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

If I weren't sober, I would have called in sick by now and would be curled under the blankets praying for sleep so as to avoid the nausea and pounding headache - never mind the guilt and remorse from the night before.
That's so true Rowan and I would have done the same.......hiding from the world in some dark room.

So glad you got the all clear horselover...and good on ya, going on that road trip it sounds amazing!!

HI Captain!!

Philly....................I thought you were a boy!! I know a boy called philly!! We are the same age......actually NO I am much younger than you at 48 !!! lol

I know "this too shall pass" and that whatever, I can always be grateful to be sober. And I am.
It will espresso and when drinking just isn't an option anymore we are moving forward!!

I use to stay in the bad space for weeks on end, going deeper and deeper. Now I feel guilty and its like, shoo I can't stay here, not good for me.
Me too!!

Hope your feeling less irritable Rowan.
I had a mad day too that caused a lot of irritability..............waiting around the hospital for hours and the sun beating down outside. Waiting on the doctor who was 2 hours later than he said. Anyway nephew home and fed. I am going to walk my dog now before hubby and son walk in. I am very happy to be sharing with you all today> I am grateful to be sober!! I have choices as long as I do not drink.

Believe you are flying at the attic..........Im so proud of you and all the great work you are doing living sober!!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:25 AM
  # 71 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

HI parentrecovers.....I too am a gardener!! I have a lot of garden to tend!!
Old 06-16-2009, 10:56 AM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Bypassed the burgers and got a fresh salad with imitation crab on it. It's pretty good - but not as good as onion rings!

Donna you are doing awesome in the attic!

Hi Tan and K so glad to have two more of my favourite girls on this thread.

It's good to see you made it home safely with your nephew, nelco.

I feel a little less irritable - and what has helped most is knowing that I am not alone - I see that we all have our struggles and challenges in life, and that makes me feel like I can move through my stuff with relative ease.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:14 AM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Row did better then me. I had chicken sandwich, sunny chips, and now munching on some spicy gumdrops. Those are my downfall.
Old 06-16-2009, 11:33 AM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Just got home from meeting, they asked for a topic and somehow my hand went straight up!! Can you imagine that, me who doesn't like to share! I brought up the packing and memories and brought up my issue with Trust right now. It was a great meeting . Just what I needed. People even offered to help.....but I do have an issue with asking for help and said Thank you and I will take them up at another time. WHY do I have to do everything myself? I complain I have no help and then I don't accept it when offered. Hmmm a character defect possibly? Well it was nice to just have people offer. Making another pot of coffee right now. Wait until the garbage men come on Thurs morning its only Tues and there are about 13/14 bags out there already. Yowzers.

Hey am I the oldest person on this thread

Welcome Tanya, K , HL all you wonderful friends, I'm so happy that we are all together on a really positive thread. Thanks Nel, I love you
Old 06-16-2009, 12:01 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  

Age is in the mind Believe and when you get to our "age" it becomes irrelevant. IMHO.

Glad you had such a good meeting.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:33 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Believe -Not sure what ages we all are so can't say if you are the eldest. When you say you have difficulty asking for help/trust issues, maybe the two are related. What's the pay off for not accepting help when offered? That's for you to ponder on!

Nelc who's Captain?

Does IO know about this thread?

Boy what a lot of questions.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:41 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Nah....I get the oldest title on this thread so far.
My inside says 27....my outside is 73. ....

Yesterday in the sun....I looked at my bare arms.
"Drat! I guess I best not wear sleeveless in public anymore."
Then I studied my hanfs
"Would wearing gloves look too strange this summe?
Well hell Carol.... you'll also need a paper bag for your face"

My total body went South when I turned 60.

The good news is ....my friends are also falling prey to gravity.

I see the Thanks is back.....so I will play catch up
Keep sharing....you are important ....

Last edited by CarolD; 06-16-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 06-16-2009, 12:45 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Originally Posted by espresso View Post
Believe -Not sure what ages we all are so can't say if you are the eldest. When you say you have difficulty asking for help/trust issues, maybe the two are related. What's the pay off for not accepting help when offered? That's for you to ponder on!

Nelc who's Captain?

Does IO know about this thread?

Boy what a lot of questions.
I honestly don't think there is any payoff. My whole life I had learned to do things for myself. Many times when I asked for help, no one came. Now that people offer their help, I think I still feel like I always did it myself so I can do it myself now. Maybe a control issue, I honestly don't know. I will ponder that though.

IO knows about the thread, she posted yesterday. She wasn't feeling good and had dr appt yesterday. I hope she is feeling better today IO

Capt might be Captzing?
Old 06-16-2009, 12:59 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  

I came here just to read your sharing and I'm glad that I did.

Today is a struggle - it's been building up and before I blow, I took a time out to log onto my favourite site and just breathe. Many conflicts at work, many people coming to me to fix their stuff, and I am feeling taxed.

Recovery is my priority, so that's why I came here. I'll light some incense when I get home and make a nice dinner for me and my daughter. I like working in the kitchen when the windows are open and a gentle breeze is blowing the curtains around. I'll let the cats and dogs out for some exercise, and just let my mind quiet down.

I especially look forward to my drive home; that's when I will talk to my HP 'George' and share how I am feeling, and ask him to help me to remember to be grateful.

I like what nelco said on another thread: "a grateful alcoholic won't drink" - so, thanks for that.

Hugs everybody. I read all of your posts, I just don't thank them all because then I become obsessive and worry about missing some.
Old 06-16-2009, 01:07 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I will thank you however Ro for everything you share. You help me to remember to find gratitude when I forget. So I hope the rest of your day is peaceful and you can smile, even if for a second. In my minds eye, I saw the kitchen, curtains blowing, incense burning and I just had to smile. Thanks