Notices

Living In Sobriety

Old 06-15-2009, 10:18 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hi Carol

This is so much fun, so happy everybody is coming onboard. I can't even think about outside furniture, still haven't even taken it out of shed. Got to work on inside, the now famous attic, ugh. So much up there to do. I'm trying to get in touch with an AA friend to see if we are gonna go meeting hopping tonight, ha ha funny use to be bar hopping, now its meeting hopping.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:27 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Welcome aboard Carol and least! Awesome!!

Nelco, I had no idea about your husband - no wonder you have such gratitude today.
I'm so glad he is in the clear today.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:34 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Old 06-15-2009, 10:34 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Its amazing how we have been talking to each other all these days and didn't know things about each other. It is nice to really talk about US.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:35 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Scoob glad you're joining us!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 10:50 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

It is nice to really talk about US.
Yes its such a good Idea........hp again people!! when one door......

Carol is a bleach woman lol. I had to cut back on the bleach because certain people i live with seem to find spots of it on all their clothes lol. How does that happen?? no matter how hard I try. Seriously I scrub everything with it and sometimes it even stings my eyes!!
Old 06-15-2009, 11:26 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

What a nice idea for a thread! Thank you! Living sober...hmmm...I am finding a lot of negativity around me today, but I try to remember how blessed I am. Gratitude is a biggy for me. It helps to remember how godawful drinking was, before, during and after. So any obstacles (well, so far anyways) seem miniscule in comparison.

As for my HP, again gratitude is key for me. Even faced with adversity, I try to look at it that there is a lesson I need to learn in there somewhere. My job is to find it. Almost like there are cosmic clues being offered. In that way, I feel that I am working in harmony with my HP.

I never said I was sane .....
Old 06-15-2009, 12:08 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

as for my HP, again gratitude is key for me. Even faced with adversity, I try to look at it that there is a lesson I need to learn in there somewhere. My job is to find it. Almost like there are cosmic clues being offered. In that way, I feel that I am working in harmony with my HP

Me too.......a grateful alcoholic wont drink!! My job is also to find it and sometimes its so obvious I miss it...
Old 06-15-2009, 12:14 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Thanks Hide & Seek. You are exactly what I needed right now. Thanks.

I haven't been to a meeting since Saturday and its the first time I have missed a day and boy oh boy can I feel it. Well I did a little more in attic, I think I'm done up there today, the sun came out, Hooray!!!! How's your nephew doing Nel? Is he still out of it?
Old 06-15-2009, 12:27 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

HI Believe, shaky girl was just in touch !!...........she is going to a meeting....hooray!! also another shaky girl asked me could I get her a big book (which is a big move for this shaky girl) So miracles happen all the time. Hubby came home a while ago and collected son and they both gone in to see nephew. Nephew in a lot of pain but in safe hands. I will collect him in the morning and be a nurse all day tomorrow. Its fathers day here this sunday coming...trying to think what we will do.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:39 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

That's good about shaky girl, Nel. I haven't heard from the newbie yet, thought I would see her today, but never got to meeting. My sponsee called here about 1 hr ago, she keeps making excuses why she can't get to meeting, said she has a fever and said her husband went searching through her closet yesterday thought she drank. I told her to feel better and call me later. I can only carry the message and offer my hand. I see that now. Its Fathers Day here sunday too, my dad has passed away. I told my kids they should be spending the day with their dad they said if he goes to the shore they are not going. I told them they should go whereever he wants to be on fathers day. I have to go buy cards for my Father in law from me and the kids and then mail them.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:45 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

catch you all later!! xx
Old 06-15-2009, 12:48 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

I'm onboard Belive, I'll try and not drag it down like I normally do !!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:54 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Hey gang!

Hopping on a little late..have to get ready soon for my Dr. appointment.

Always a little nervous, but feel better after. I suppose I'm not the only one who goes

through this. IT'S ALL ABOUT ME !!!!!!!!!!!! LOL ... not

Self pity s***ks. And sloth does too. Time to get out of both, and quick!

Laters, friends.

:ghug2:
Old 06-15-2009, 03:51 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Just got back from my meeting, turned out great. I had to lead meeting since leader didn't show up, YAY we were suppose to be on Step 4, but group decided to do Step 3 and what a welcome that was. I have been having problems with self will lately. It always helps me when we read it outloud and everyone shares on it. I find I can listen to the words better. I was also reminded tonight of how I believe & have faith in God but now I have to TRUST GOD. I am feeling pretty good now, much better than before.

Hey where are you guys? No one is coming out to play tonight
Old 06-15-2009, 04:39 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Oh and I got home and she's back!!!!!! Doesn't she have a home? I have to smile and say hi and be the nice polite mother I want to be a and say go home leave me alone. Hey she'll probably end up being my daughter in law, ugh!!!
Old 06-15-2009, 05:33 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Hi folks - I'm just playing mahjongg online between loads of laundry - have to pick up daughter from martial arts in a few. Then bed! YAY

Hope it went well at the pdocs today Sis.

Night all.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:36 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
same planet...different world

I'm borrowing the computer at a friend's house whilst he's gone to a meeting.
Old 06-15-2009, 05:39 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hi Barb, glad you got the computer

Nitey Nite Ro
Old 06-15-2009, 05:40 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I never played Majhong or whatever it is

I like bejeweled and pyramid (its a solitare card game)