Notices

Day 6 - And I passed! My head's in a fog.

Old 06-15-2009, 07:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 6 - And I passed! My head's in a fog.

The fog on the mountains outside this morning must have slipped into my head overnight, cause I really feel lethargic and disjointed today.

The grades were finally posted over the weekend and I passed all of my classes for the spring semester. I was really worried that I had failed a computer class due to being hungover when I took the final exam, but I actually scored above average on the exam and passed the course. It still bothers me because I know I could have done much better if I hadn't chose to drink the night before the big exam. Why do I do this crazy stuf? Just loco, I guess. Due to health problems and some interference from alcohol, I now have 33 credits for five semesters. I feel like Tommy Boy, it may take me seven years to get a four year degree, lol. Sometimes I used my health as an excuse to drop classes, but the truth is my drinking dulled my participation to the extent that I dropped out of a couple classes and had to redo them, urghhhh. I hope I can stay off the booze and do better this fall. Being a 50 yr. old student is tough enough, I feel like a grandpa in class with these young kids, but that's just the way it is.

I have no idea how much coffee it will take to break through this fog, maybe instead of drinking the coffee, I should just pour the pot on the top of my head..... ouch..... no.....gotta save what hair I have left, lol.

Have a great day SR. Hope this fog lifts soon.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sure hope your fog is clearing Fire. I felt I was in a "fog" for months after i got sober but once it cleared WOW! I had never realized what a cloud alcohol had created on my life, even though I was not a daily drinker I think I was perpetually hungover.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I am on Day 6 too and I have been very foggy. I seem to be coming out of it a little bit. Eat good and drink lots of water. I have also been giving myself a bit of a break and not go full force on anything.
Old 06-15-2009, 12:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's lifting. Wait another 2 days. I'm actually a good corporate citizen today and when I had to speak at the weekly meeting, I made sense and didn't get sick to my stomach. YAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Old 06-15-2009, 12:56 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Keep on keeping on and don't give up on yourself, no matter what!!
Old 06-15-2009, 01:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I am on day 15, and the fog lifts a little more each day.

Good job on being sober 6 days.