SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Day 4 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/178006-day-4-a.html)

ClosetExtrovert 06-10-2009 11:19 AM

Day 4

And, miraculously, the shaking, the ripping headache and the sweating have stopped. The headache is very dull. I might make it after all.

I'm scared. But underneath it all is this hopeful feeling I haven't had in years. It showed up this morning, too. And it was a really nice addition.

So now what?

grateful2b 06-10-2009 11:28 AM

Hi and welcome
congratulations on day 4!
I am glad you found us
This is a great place, with wonderfully supportive people... and some stickies at the top of the page, full of information you may find helpful.
hope you stick around and keep posting:)

ClosetExtrovert 06-10-2009 11:52 AM

Thanks! Maybe I'll be back later.

C23 06-10-2009 11:56 AM

Now you can start enjoying your life of sobriety. The dark cloud that covers most of us while we drink is now gone for you. Live everyday to the fullest and continue to come here for support. We love to hear others success stories.

Chris

pumpkin77 06-10-2009 12:00 PM

I felt that hopeful feeling too this morning I'm glad I am not the only one LOL

ClosetExtrovert 06-11-2009 06:09 AM

Thanks. I got really dizzy this morning. Isn't it too late to be getting symtoms?

marty888 06-11-2009 06:27 AM

Great work on 4 days, physically it took be 6-7 days to get over it, the first 4 were the worse

ClosetExtrovert 06-11-2009 06:31 AM

Ahhh..ok. Thank you, Marty. I won't worry about anything then, until next week.

Eclipse 06-11-2009 07:12 AM

I love it when the head starts to clear and you can see the light!

I always loved that song "I Can see Clearly Now"

Tazman53 06-11-2009 09:29 AM

Congrats on 4 days, just a little warning for you. It is a fact that every time one detoxes it is worse then the last time. Another fact, detoxing can and does kill people. If you relapse, and I pray you don't relapse, please see a doctor if you decide to get sober again. The next detox without medical help could be your last one.

Wolfchild 06-11-2009 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by ClosetExtrovert (Post 2256500)
So now what?

Depends on what you want to do with your sobriety.

Hang on & remember that today is another day clean.

jade09 06-11-2009 10:03 AM

remain positive, welcome any hopeful feelings, that's your body and mind trying to help you beat the alcoholic part of you. it's a constant battle, and if we fight hard enough we can win. STAY STRONG. just make it thru today:)

ClosetExtrovert 06-11-2009 10:32 AM

Taz, I didn't realize I could actually get sick or die from this. I wouldn't try this again alone. This was NOT fun. So I've been asking what else is coming down the pike just in case I need help. But from what I've read on here, the worst is over.
So now comes the hard part. I know it's going to be hard. I have no idea why I feel so happy, but I do. Whew.
Thank you Jade and Wolf.

Here goes nothing...

least 06-11-2009 10:38 AM

Just keep on staying sober, one day at a time. When I was going thru withdrawal the first four days were the worst. I started feeling human again after a week. Keep it up!:c032:

Believe808 06-11-2009 10:43 AM

Hi Closet, I was reading your posts and you are doing fabulously :hug: Have you thought about going to AA, if you feel up to drive or even calling the hotline. It helps alot to have others around. Keep up the good work honey :)Feel free to PM me if you need to talk. Just don't relapse. Please.

ClosetExtrovert 06-11-2009 12:42 PM

Hi Believe. I'm going tonight. I went yesterday, too. The God stuff kind of freaks me out and I'm not all that sure what I'm supposed to do but I guess I'll figure it all out in time. There was someone there that was drunk. I think was drunk. She smelled like booze, at any rate. That would've been the last place I would've gone when I was drunk. And I was looking around and thinking that most people looked really happy. Anyway, I didn't say anything.
Thank you for offering the use of your ear.

littlebluedog 06-11-2009 01:51 PM

Congrats on 4 days! :wavey: