SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   yeahgr8 quick check in (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/177787-yeahgr8-quick-check.html)

yeahgr8 06-07-2009 03:34 PM

yeahgr8 quick check in

Hi all

I have just finished first 3 weeks of rehab! Am out for 2 weeks and then back for final 3 weeks of treatment, will explain later:-)

Just wanted to check in and wish you all well and let you know that i am doing very well indeed!

The program is recovery dynamics, maybe some of you in the states know this, and it is going through the 12 steps in 6 weeks with a view to following on to AA beyond the time at the centre, getting a sponsor, working the steps and being an active part of the fellowship.

It is the best thing i have ever done for myself and an amazing experience. It is difficult to describe the effect of going through the steps, writing your life story and the bond between fellow alcoholics/addicts.

I have my AA meetings planned for this week and next, will be getting a temporary sponsor for this time on Tuesday.

Anyways hope everyone is sober and if not working on it!

cheers

cliff

stone 06-07-2009 03:37 PM

Nice one Cliff! :)

Sweets79 06-07-2009 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by yeahgr8 (Post 2253116)
Hi all

I have just finished first 3 weeks of rehab! Am out for 2 weeks and then back for final 3 weeks of treatment, will explain later:-)

Just wanted to check in and wish you all well and let you know that i am doing very well indeed!

The program is recovery dynamics, maybe some of you in the states know this, and it is going through the 12 steps in 6 weeks with a view to following on to AA beyond the time at the centre, getting a sponsor, working the steps and being an active part of the fellowship.

It is the best thing i have ever done for myself and an amazing experience. It is difficult to describe the effect of going through the steps, writing your life story and the bond between fellow alcoholics/addicts.

I have my AA meetings planned for this week and next, will be getting a temporary sponsor for this time on Tuesday.

cheers

cliff

I love your kitties! Just had to let you know. Congratulations :)

CoF1984 06-07-2009 03:42 PM

Wanted to say glad to hear everything is working out good for ya bro. Keep it up and all the good things are sure to follow. :)

Wes

mle-sober 06-07-2009 03:57 PM

Great job!! Thanks for the check in!

HideorSeek 06-07-2009 04:08 PM

Congratulations Cliff!

CarolD 06-07-2009 04:09 PM

Wow Cliff!.......excellent progress....thanks for sharing
:cheer

ladyangelcake 06-07-2009 04:29 PM

well done cliff, your post is very positive and encouraging, im glad you are doing so well and that rehab has proved to be the right decision for you, you sound alot more upbeat, it is lovely to hear your progress. i too am working on the 12 steps , which although painful at times is also so liberating to be freed from all the anger and guilt tht i used to experience on a daily basis. i am now starting to feel like a bird that has been freed from a cage !!!keep up the good work xx

Aysha 06-07-2009 04:39 PM

I always love to hear this stuff.
You sound so good. And positive and hopeful. It makes me feel joy.
I am so glad your doing well and getting everything from your program.
Have you seen Trixie yet? I bet she will be happy to see you.
Keep it up and we will be here with you all the way.

Dee74 06-07-2009 05:06 PM

good to see you Cliff...whats with the break tho? (just curious)

D

marty888 06-07-2009 05:16 PM

Mate, great to hear from you, glad all is well

Mark75 06-07-2009 07:38 PM

GR8 :) to hear from you. Sounds like it is going well!

Mark

dedubya 06-07-2009 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by yeahgr8 (Post 2253116)
Hi all

cheers

cliff

hey man-
I just got a sponsor yesterday- I was a bit picky- but I got a good one and excited about the steps like you are. it really is enlightening. Best Wishes!!!!
Dub

firestorm090 06-07-2009 08:17 PM

Hey gr8,

You sound great, so keep up the good work!!

ADayAtATime 06-07-2009 08:18 PM

Yeah Yeahgr8!!! :c011:
That is awesome, I'm so happy to hear your doing good.
Thanks for letting us know how your doing.
We're rootin' for you!!!
XOXO

witt44 06-08-2009 01:28 AM

Well done mate , well done
Today is a miracle . You posted so positively and I have 90 days soberity today and working on steps .
Great !
Keep posting Yeah :c014:

Charmie 06-08-2009 02:14 AM

hello gr8,,this is great news.it is a great feeling to know that it is not all doom and gloom anymore and to get a sense of the freedom that is to follow! keep us posted on your progress.congratulations on making the break.:c033:

vegibean 06-08-2009 03:48 AM

Hi Yeahgr8! So glad you checked in and I'm really happy for you. I in a treatment/rehab and it WAS THE BEST THING I ever did for myself. I don't know how many times I've said that to people on here that have posted about going to rehab. Recovery concentrated.

So glad I did it. Congrats!!! Hope you will check in again when you can and let us know how it all is going for you. :)

paulmh 06-08-2009 03:52 AM

Thanks for posting bud, love to hear ESH with the emphasis on the H!