Notices

yeahgr8 quick check in

Old 06-08-2009, 05:16 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I still have internet! Dee and all, i had the opportunity to come out for 2 weeks, it is a 6 week recommended program but i asked if i could have a 2 week in the real world stint in between, i wanted to see how i would fair outside and then be able to go back and get the actual work done on the steps. It's all good, i am very greateful for all of this:-)

I will probably have loads to share, as usual lol, in 5 weeks but one of the biggest changes for me is to finally understand and readily accept that i am not the exception to the rule or special, i am just like every other addict and alcoholic out there, what a relief that is not having to carry the 'attitude' today and to be able to take my hands off the steering wheel and trust something else to do the driving, writing the life story was an amazing experience too...really enjoying it with the knowledge that life will not just go smoothly from now and be a bed of roses but will be infinitely better without constantly fighting everyone and everything. It's all so good!

Anyways thanks for the comments everyone:-)
Old 06-08-2009, 05:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I'm proud of you. Seems to be an awesome program. Hang in there.
Old 06-08-2009, 05:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

i am just like every other addict and alcoholic out there,
In my area we call our selfs "Garden variety alcoholics!" I have heard my story told by 2 different men.

what a relief that is not having to carry the 'attitude' today and to be able to take my hands off the steering wheel and trust something else to do the driving
Life became easier for me when I accepted that I am not God, that there is something more powerful then me or alcohol, and it actually cares about me and will guide me in the right direction for the good of myself and others even though the direction taken is not always one I want to go in! LOL

writing the life story was an amazing experience too...really enjoying it with the knowledge that life will not just go smoothly from now and be a bed of roses but will be infinitely better without constantly fighting everyone and everything.
I like that and concur, something I have discovered myself, sobriety has not made life perfect, but it sure is a WHOLE lot better!

You really sound awesome, keep at it!