Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

TOPIC: Sneakers - Not Shoes- Did U Sneak Around W/O Being Seen? What Did U Do?

Notices

TOPIC: Sneakers - Not Shoes- Did U Sneak Around W/O Being Seen? What Did U Do?

Old 06-07-2009, 10:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs up TOPIC: Sneakers - Not Shoes- Did U Sneak Around W/O Being Seen? What Did U Do?

Hi Im Sharon and Im an alcoholic.

Are you a SNEAKER?

And I dont mean sneaker shoes....lol

Did you sneak around without being
seen to do something you didnt want
to get caught doing?

I know I did.

Because of the physical and verbal
abuse I went thru as a child, I had
to sneak having friends. Sneak food
I wasnt allowed to have.

It was like survival for me to not
being caught just to have what others
could have on a daily bases.

So sad but true.

Because of that childhood trauma
i took that behavior on into my adult
life.

I snuck to drink. I snuck to have flings.
I snuck to get anything i wanted and
not get caught for fear of being fussed
at, scolded, yelled at. Fear of not being
liked or loved anymore.

I knew what would happen yet i still did
them.

So drinking became a device to use to
numb and reward myself for the bad
things i did and got away with.

How about you?
Old 06-07-2009, 07:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well Sharon, I'm on summer break from school and don't go back till mid-August, so that may be just enough time to go over all the things I snuck around to do.

Excellent subject, but one I'm afraid most will shy away from due to the sensitive nature of discussing outlandish behavior while drunk. I often used the excuse when confronted with my callous, strange, or bizarre behavior that I was drunk at the time. I truly wonder if that is a legitimate excuse for being a bonehead? I remember many a night before my dui when I drove to the next town to drink because I had done something stupid again in my own town and didn't want to face the gossip the next day. I can't even estimate the number of women I've proposed to while drunk, but I stopped doing that when I asked a lady one night, she said yes, and when I awoke the next day, she'd already called her family, a couple friends and was making tentative plans. Boy, did I have to do some fancy back-peddling then, that was a close call.

Well, for the sake of enjoying this summer and saving you the boredom of rehashing my old crazy stuff, I'll just say I know what cha mean and hope I'm only half as crazy from this point on.
Old 06-07-2009, 09:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

well..........for a good while i thought i was invisible and nobody knew i was a drunk.

problem was i wasnt as invisible as i thought.....

i didnt sneak anywhere........more of a bang crash whallop...

many times when i thought i was invisible id wake up in a cell.....or jail.

some of the stuff i just dont remember scares the hell out of me...
Old 06-08-2009, 05:38 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Now you mention it aasharon90, yes, I did sneak around and for the same reasons you you did.

When I was a child it was fear of my parents anger and the subsequent punishment.

As an adult I did it out of guilt and shame about my alcoholism. And I relate to what trucker said about invisibility. Years before I finally stopped drinking I guess I chose to believe that no one could see what I was doing. It was less painful that way.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Sneaking....... Well I was a lot better at sneaking the ladies then I was the drinking, the ladies were nothing but to build up my sick ego and I did not give a damn who got hurt. I told so may lies some of them I began to think were true myself.

The ladies I snuck while out of town on business when I made no effort to hide my drinking, when back in town I for the most part left the ladies alone and went to focusing on sneak drinking as much as I could. I did a really bad job the last 5 years of my drinking sneaking, I may not have been caught in the act, but I was sure caught drunk a lot.