Notices

Assistance Pls..

Old 06-06-2009, 07:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Assistance Pls..

I am seeking to relocate and looking for information on recovery in some other areas, not exactly sure where I should post my request for information - pls let me know..thanks...
Old 06-06-2009, 07:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi,

This is a link to AA in your area. There is also lots of support here:

Massachusetts AA - Alcoholics Anonymous
Old 06-06-2009, 07:24 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Relocating from Mass

Am looking to relocate with my 15 yr old son for a # of different reasons - my recovery coming first , I am making that the beginning point of my research - seeking strong AA communities , so thought I'd start polling for data..My primary search is in Santa Cruz County - My secondary is finding a good "outside the box" school for my son and university for myself (at some point)...When I first came into recovery I wore a vest with all of the badges of victimization that I used to keep myself different from others and drunk - separate from myself, others and living...Through my HP, the steps of this program and the people in it I have learned to reframe those experiences (for the most part, a continual work in progress here) as jumping off points - for growth and learning - not cement blocks that keep me stuck in a past that no longer serves me - this being said - there are some concrete and practical reasons for this move - (ex-husband getting out of jail this year) - but rather than run from I want to make a plan to run to - to make this a positive - to use some of my very real (and potential victimizations/traumas) threats and somehow use it for the benefit of myself and my son - so I am looking, seeking someone to assist/mentor/guide/sponsor through making a somewhat time sensitive (few months w/ some flexibility) move (and all that entails) and to connect w/ available resources both here (MASS) and there...kind of daunting, kind of scary, kind of exciting - trying to maintain the middle ground and do the very hard thing (still) and ask for HELP - thanks for taking time..
Old 06-06-2009, 07:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Welcome and thank you for helping me to see a solid program of recovery at work in someone else's life! Kinda strengthens us all! Keep reaching out and posting your progress!!
Old 06-06-2009, 07:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Wow! What a positive way to move forward!

Welcome to SR. Lots of good people will be along to help.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:06 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

If you're looking for meetings in a particular area, the best solution is to call the AA number listed in the phone book. It's manned 24/7. I've found that internet listings aren't all that accurate.
Old 06-06-2009, 03:16 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome to SR....

In recovery I moved from D.C. to Fl. to Ga.
In each place....the hand of AA was extendted
and I was welcomed into the fellowship.

I think you will find that true for you as well

Blessings to you and your son
Old 06-06-2009, 05:48 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Any where in FL, TONS of Recovery here of all kinds. Good luck on your journey. Welcome to SR!!