SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Yesterday was 5 months clean for me (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/177388-yesterday-5-months-clean-me.html)

four812 06-01-2009 03:16 PM

Yesterday was 5 months clean for me

Yesterday was 5 months clean for me. I have been riding a roller coaster of drama lately; but this is true of my whole life really. It’s not that it’s happening more lately, but rather I’m just noticing it more today. I think I am growing.

For me, “growing up” is not the word to describe this growth. That defines a goal of growth that is defined by others having to do with being a responsible citizen of America; today I am simply evolving towards the light. I suppose I was doing that even in addiction, but then it was like I was attending the school of Pain and Fear, and now I’m in transfer to another school in this great university. I don’t even know the name of this school, but that’s ok—l don’t need to know everything, sometimes, today. It’s nothing like the school of engineering or liberal arts; maybe it’s like the school of the heart. I do know this: that I’m attending a new university with new brand new shiny hallways and helpful people. And All I gotta do is open my eyes and keep doing my homework…I don’t even have to worry about grades anymore as I am now my own teacher in the University of Life.

It’s so important to witness others go through all the parts of being human, of being real. I’ve grown accustomed to experiencing only some parts of the human experience, but there is an untapped encyclopedia of possibilities that at best I only have little hints about. For example, I’m used to being a taker (or a receiver at best), and I’m used to literally worrying and obsessing about taking care of me. But there is so much more than just me: to start with there are 6.5 billion other me’s who are breathing in again right now.

So I must press on, I must walk now, with my head on level ground and with my heart becoming more and more able to guide me and literally charge me towards the next breath.

FizzyWater 06-01-2009 03:38 PM

Well done Ksplash

grateful2b 06-01-2009 03:41 PM

wow, Ksplash, congrats on 5 months!
awesome..

:c011:

Jade19 06-01-2009 04:10 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
:c014:

least 06-01-2009 04:16 PM

I too remember your numerous day one's, and am glad you're on five months now! Way to go, you rock, for sure!:a122:

Believe808 06-01-2009 04:18 PM

Congratulations Way to go :)

tommyk 06-01-2009 04:30 PM

You carry the message now.

Sounds kinda scary, huh?

Beats the alternative though, lol, congrats! :)

Wolfchild 06-01-2009 09:25 PM

So far, so good, eh? Congrats on staying clean!!

Aysha 06-01-2009 10:05 PM

What a huge change from the ksplash I read time and time again not too long ago.
I really felt the pain and misery from you. I dont think many have had that effect on me.
And like that you are well on your way to a better way of life.
You haver totally turned everything around. Your actions, outlook, thinking, everythuing.
You are def one I look to for inspiration. Be proud. Cause I know I am amazed and have alot of respect for you.
Keep it up.

CarolD 06-02-2009 01:50 AM

:cheer