Notices

What ifs and Whys....

Old 06-01-2009, 07:19 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What ifs and Whys....

Thanks to all of those who responded to my last post. It is funny how I don't even see my own insane behavior until it is pointed out to me by someone else.
One of my biggest problems is that I don't think, and what I mean by that is that I can't seem to think. I am a single mom and work FT, I also have a disabled mother who I take care of. At the end of the day-which is non stop from 530 to 830pm, I literally collapse from exhaustion most days. I never take time or have time to just sit and try to really think about what I am doing or why-and I think that attributes to a lot of my over reacting at times.
I realized this weekend when I was reading my AlAnon books, (which I do make time for daily-I have 5 daily readers I read daily) that the What Ifs and the Whys are pretty much me not trusting my HP to take care of my life for me. I have HUGE issues with control (quit laughing-lol) and have ALWAYS had to keep everything going strong in my family and keep everyone together, etc. It is MONUMENTAL for me to LET GO and just let it all up to HP and trust that He will know what needs done. Silly I know but honest.
So I have to find a way to just try to THINK and REALLY FOCUS on my thoughts and what I am feeling and why. Any suggestions would be wonderful and appreciated as always.......
Spirit
Old 06-01-2009, 08:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

When does the carer get cared for ?.....

Its difficult sometimes isnt it...

To take a step back and take a deep breath......

But for me......if i wanna feel god love and protection....i need to get away from the "noise"........not all the time.just sometimes..

I dont need to understand the "plan" i just need to have faith that the outcome will be ok....

We have a little church near-by....in the daytime when its quiet i sometimes spend time there......to reflect or say thankyou.

or i walk in the countryside...........both of these things shut off the noise of life and put me in the place i need to be.......

god go with you and i hope you find some quiet time for you and him.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Spirit I have to agree 100 percent with Trucker on this. Only you know what recharges your batteries and quiets your soul. For me just laying in my hammock under the tree for 30 minutes can do wonders. It can recharge me and bring the focus back into the day. What do you find your doing when you feel relaxed? Is it the drive home? Turn off the radio and allow your mind to take over. I did that when I had a 45 minute commute and felt very good by the time I reached home. Can't wait to see what you discover.

Oh - I have to say I admire you for taking care of your Mom AND being a single Mom. You have 2 of the hardest jobs in the world. I hope you have a good support group behind you. I can't imagine trying to go it alone. I definitely would have to have faith that I was being given what I needed to be able to give to the others in my life. Something has got to be pushing you.

Great post. Hugs - Sarah