Notices

Im back AGAIN

Old 05-28-2009, 10:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im back AGAIN

I seem so bad for posting again. I cannot remember the last time i posted as it seems so long again.

this time alcohol has destroyed everything I have got. My partner has had enough and wants me out of the house. Not been to work for 2 weeks, so will have lost the job. Not even spoke to them for a week.

I know I am rambling I just do not know what to do now.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Welcome back. Why not call the local AA Hotline and ask for help? At the very least, you'll be able to find out where there is a meeting today that you could get to. Remember, you have a choice about whether you will get sober or continue to commit emotional and spiritual suicide. Just don't take that next drink and it won't get any worse!
Old 05-28-2009, 11:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wolfchild View Post
Welcome back. Why not call the local AA Hotline and ask for help? At the very least, you'll be able to find out where there is a meeting today that you could get to. Remember, you have a choice about whether you will get sober or continue to commit emotional and spiritual suicide. Just don't take that next drink and it won't get any worse!
Thanks Wolfchild. feel so bad, a drink would just help the worse of it.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It is getting through this day, it is the worse.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Don't feel bad about posting again, spen. The fact you've come back shows that you haven't given up on yourself. Stay here and stay away from the drink.
Old 05-29-2009, 04:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Spen I have been where you are at!!!

Got a problem..........Drink!
Happy....................Drink!
Sad.......................Drink!
Lost my job.............Drink!
Got a new job..........Drink!

The only solution or answer I had for anything was a Drink!

I recall how hopeless I felt, I knew my drinking was ruining my life and that it was going to kill me eventually but drinking was the only damn thing I knew and it was not working any more.......... so I simply drank more!

I finally surrendered the the fact that I was an alcoholic, if I had one single drink I lost all power over alcohol and I had absolutely no idea how to stop drinking and stay stopped............ I surrendered!

The only way I was able to stop in the end was to be medically detoxed!

Aha I thought that was the answer, if I could just get sober I would have it licked!!! Shoot........ that was when the real problems for me began, there I was, sober, the only answer I had in regards to handling anything in life was to drink and I was sober and did not want to drink yet my mind was screaming for a drink because drinking had been the only solution or answer to life.

I went to AA and what I found was a SOLUTION other then drinking! In reality the program of AA is not at all about not drinking, the program of AA if the steps are TAKEN to heart and APPLIED daily to life are a SOLUTION for life other then alcohol. Given the opportunity to choose between the hell of alcoholism as a solution and applying 12 simple steps by which to live life without drinking I have found that TAKING and APPLYING the steps to life a fantastic alternative to drinking myself to death.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by spen71 View Post
this time alcohol has destroyed everything I have got. My partner has had enough and wants me out of the house. Not been to work for 2 weeks, so will have lost the job. Not even spoke to them for a week.
It doesn't seem like it, spen, but this is a really good place to be if one wants to quit drinking for good and all. When you reach a point where you just can't imagine living another day like you've been living, you might be willing to grab on to the solution that AA offers. Hopelessness breeds willingness.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:43 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
Spen I have been where you are at!!!

Got a problem..........Drink!
Happy....................Drink!
Sad.......................Drink!
Lost my job.............Drink!
Got a new job..........Drink!

The only solution or answer I had for anything was a Drink!

I recall how hopeless I felt, I knew my drinking was ruining my life and that it was going to kill me eventually but drinking was the only damn thing I knew and it was not working any more.......... so I simply drank more!

I finally surrendered the the fact that I was an alcoholic, if I had one single drink I lost all power over alcohol and I had absolutely no idea how to stop drinking and stay stopped............ I surrendered!

The only way I was able to stop in the end was to be medically detoxed!

Aha I thought that was the answer, if I could just get sober I would have it licked!!! Shoot........ that was when the real problems for me began, there I was, sober, the only answer I had in regards to handling anything in life was to drink and I was sober and did not want to drink yet my mind was screaming for a drink because drinking had been the only solution or answer to life.

I went to AA and what I found was a SOLUTION other then drinking! In reality the program of AA is not at all about not drinking, the program of AA if the steps are TAKEN to heart and APPLIED daily to life are a SOLUTION for life other then alcohol. Given the opportunity to choose between the hell of alcoholism as a solution and applying 12 simple steps by which to live life without drinking I have found that TAKING and APPLYING the steps to life a fantastic alternative to drinking myself to death.
That sounds like me. As my other half says. Any excuse for a drink. By the way you only live an hour away from my partners father.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:34 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Welcome back spen.....glad you are here.

You say you don't know what to do. You do know what to do. The question is...are you ready?

Hope you stick around.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:44 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm glad you came back Spen.
Old 05-29-2009, 07:58 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

hello spen,im glad youve made it back,,it suggests you are ready to surrender.i too am an alcoholic and as other peolpe have suggested there is a solution to this seemingly hopeless state of affairs.i considered myself hopeless and could not imagine what life was going to be like without booze when i decided enough was enough.i had suffered a lot of the "yets" and there were not many of them left.i went to AA at the begining of the year im working the 12 steps and my life have changed beyond recognition.if you really want to get sober than i suggest you get yourself to an AA meeting.go with an open mind and listen for the similarities not the differences,,ie "i havnt been to jail" "im not as bad as him".there is as we say a solution if you want it.i wish you well.
Old 05-29-2009, 02:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Thanks to all your kind words. I know I have to ring Al Anon. I need to get the "bottle" up. It might sound stupid but my Granddad and Dad will say that I am not a man to facing up to my demons so keep [utting it off. I have been to a local help group who are roound my me a couple of times but did not get on with the place.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:27 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Please read this link for information

Alcoholics Anonymous UK Newcomers

Yes...you too can quit drinking....action is required.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:16 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hello and welcome. My wife telling me to leave was the final straw. Althouh my first thought was "Great! now I can drink without anyone to nag about it", I realized that that decision would only lead to continued loss until there was nothing left but the bottle and death. I decided instead to give AA a shot. Nine months later I can't believe how much better I feel.
All the best to you.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:28 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Spen,

Please know that there is hope. It may seem that you don't know which way to turn at this moment, but you can help yourself. Stay sober today and focus on the moment, as much as you can.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:27 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well I have found a meeting close enough for me to get to easily. Just need to take the step of ringing them. As it is Sunday I am not sure if I will get through.
Old 05-31-2009, 07:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Well I have made the call. Going on Tuesday night. tbh the woman on the phone was not the best.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:03 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

thats just one person you spoke to though spen,the majority of AA folk are very considerate,you wont get sympathy if thats what your looking for! but kindness and consideration from most folk is what you can expect.you will soon decide who you like and who you think will be good for you.i hope you get something from the meeting,,ie hope,like i did.
Old 05-31-2009, 02:30 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I think you've reached a point in your life that we in AA refer to as "the bottom". It doesn't get much worse than where you're at now. But be careful as when we think we've finally reached our bottom and things can't get much worse, we pull out a shovel.
Get to an AA meeting. As a matter of fact, get to a lot of them. And don't let the woman who picked up the phone turn you off. She just got stuck with the phone watch today and isn't too happy about it. And I wish you the best of luck. What you're about to undergo (getting sober) isn't an easy task. But countless numbers of people have done it. You can too.
Old 06-01-2009, 05:45 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Been to see my boss today and he was very understanding. He needs to speak to HR about what company policy is but doe not want to lose me as I am very good at my job. Will prob have to have regular blood tests but at least I will keep my job.