Notices

Old 05-23-2009, 12:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Still Learning..

Hello all..

I just joined sr.. I've been lookin online for some support in my recovery and came across this forum.. I am happy to see there are many others that are going thru the same thing. I am just shy of 3 weeks clean and hoping this will be it for me. I am 23 years old trying to stop a heroin addiction that has taken over my mind. I have been usng heroin for 2 years now but started with pills (perks,oxys) 5 years ago.. I have seen this drug take over my father and brothers entire life and I don't want this to be me. I recently got put on suboxones which I find is helping me but I know there is more to recovery than that.. I just started attending meetings and I know that will help.. But if there is any advice out there that could help me stay clean and not relapse I am all for it.. I am happy I joined this forum and hoping I can get the advice and support I need to get thru this.. as I look foward to helping others.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:38 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Welcome! Glad you are here! You will find much support here. I would also suggest that you may want to check out the substance abuse forum and perhaps the Narcotics forum while here too....lots of helpful info there as well. Again--welcome!
Old 05-23-2009, 02:18 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

welcome to the family mia

and you can do it!

all good wishes to you!

rz
Old 05-23-2009, 04:26 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Miamary! You will find much company in the SA Forum. SR even has a Suboxone Forum now.

I congratulate you on almost 3 weeks!!

I don't have much to offer you right now. I merely wanted to welcome you and to assure you that there are many people here who have been where you're at, have gotten clean, and have stayed clean.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:40 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome!

Great to see that you are taking action on an addiction at a young age. This is a great place to get help and wonderful support by many people who care. I wish you the best on your road to recovery!
Old 05-23-2009, 08:49 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Still Learning..

Smile

Thank you all for the support.. I look forward to sharing my recovery process with you all
Old 05-23-2009, 08:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

Welcome to SR!!!
Old 05-23-2009, 09:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Glad you found us miamary and congratulations on almost 3 weeks. I'm a recovering addict and alcoholic whose DOC was opiates, any kind, didn't matter. By the Grace of God I never did any heroin or I have no doubt that it would have become my DOC instantly. I know so many people who, like yourself, started out on pills and went on to heroin.

I am soooooo happy to hear you say that you know that Recovery is much more than just staying clean.For many years I tried to stay clean without working any kind of Program and all that lead me to was a lot more misery and many years wasted . . . being wasted. Try to get to a Meeting everyday while you're in early Recovery. And when you think you don't have time for a Meeting, ask yourself if you were ever too busy to use. And the day that you think you don't need a Meeting is the day you need one the most. This disease is very patient, it will sit and wait for just the right time to rear it's ugly head again, when you least expect it.

Feel free to PM me anytime if you need to talk, vent, whatever. Hope to see you continue to post, share as much as you're comfortable with, read different threads in different forums and don't pick up, Just for Today.

God Bless,
Judy
Old 05-23-2009, 09:37 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome!!!
Old 05-23-2009, 12:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Hi and welcome Congrats on your sober time and your decision to get clean.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hi Mia and Welcome. Congratulations on your 3 weeks sober. That is wonderful. Keep posting and letting us know how you're doing.
Old 05-23-2009, 02:24 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

welcome to SR miamary05you will find a lot of support here. :ghug
Old 05-23-2009, 05:54 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome-3 weeks is really great!
Old 05-24-2009, 01:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Still Learning..

I feel the love and support already! thank you all!

Judy you are so right... If I had time to use I will have time to go to a meeting.. I really want this sober life so bad and I am trying to work real hard to get it.. But the saying is " easy does it" right? see I have learned already! I know it can be taken from me at anytime and the last thing I want is to go back to the devil! I will most def. keep posting and can't wait to hear from all of you!

~Mia
Old 05-24-2009, 05:53 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hi Mia! Welcome to SR. This place is great for support and sharing. If there is any advice I can give you, it's get a sponsor!!!! Work the steps!!

Working the steps and utilizing them in your recovery I believe is very key.

Good luck on your journey.