Notices

Cheese and Rice!! Please go away!

Old 05-22-2009, 04:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Oh Chiy...I hope the darkness has helped.

Burrow in and stick close to SR.
Old 05-22-2009, 04:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hey Trish

sending you much love

We've talked about this - you can have all the face to face interaction in the world, do any kind of programme - all those things are great - but, ultimately in the end, it's down to us anyway.

We don't even have to understand why we still have those thoughts - just remember thoughts are thoughts - they mean nothing without action behind them.

So don't act. Stay curled up.
I dunno whether it's healthy or not but it's a damn sight better than using.

We decide when we're done Trish. Noone or nothing can make us do something we don't want to do.

Fight it.

thinking of you
hugs
D
Old 05-22-2009, 09:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Just focus on getting through this weekend Trish and then perhaps consider some strategies to take. It's always okay to accept help.
Old 05-22-2009, 10:18 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Hey, chiy. I almost relapsed. I had a lot of suicidal thoughts today at work and that is always a trigger.

After I got home I decided I wasn't going to leave the house. My paycheck is still uncashed/undeposited. I ate some food and took a nap. I'm okay with taking naps...when I get like that it saps all of my energy.

Doing this sober isn't easy and most of the time I want to give up. I just kept telling myself how crappy I'd feel if I got drunk. This is hard for me to believe, but I really do like having a clear mind. It's the incessant negative thinking that presents a problem and I'm working on that with my therapist and doctor.

I keep shruging my shoulders and walking on. I'm spending more time taking pictures. It's not what I really need right now (what I need is more of a social life), but it's helping.

Sober time is slow time. Everyone here swears it gets better. I hope so.

Old 05-23-2009, 02:22 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

trish, are you ready for the White Flag Yet?

Shortcomings are things we should be doing, just haven't gotten to yet!

trish, Git to some meetings!

what do you have to loose?
Old 05-23-2009, 04:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Please don't put yourself through that hell again. Remember where it always leads. You never find the relief you seek by using, it's a lie you've told yourself so many times - always with the same result. I fear that you might not make it back one of these times, and you are needed here.
Old 05-23-2009, 07:52 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Trish, what's up today? Check in, ok? Love ya girl, Jomey
Old 05-23-2009, 08:06 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Please don't go back there Trish. YOu know the hell that comes from using and it's not worth it. Remember your last time and how awful you felt all over. Please do'nt put yourself thru that again.

lots of love:ghug3
Old 05-23-2009, 08:46 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

My hair is one big matted mess. The inside of my mouth is full of sores from smoking. I look in the mirror and dont even recognize myself. Havent brushed my teeth or showered in 8 days. My fingers are all tore up and bloody from picking them. My lips are cracked and bleeding from being so chapped. A guy was stabbed and killed right where I was the other night. The cops have been watching me. I am one move away from death or jail. I can hardly keep my eyes open. I keep slipping in and out of conscienceness. I keep waking up talking to myself. My body is twitching. I am tore up like never before. My heart was pounding out of my chest the other night. I couldnt get it to slow down for anything. I thouhgt it was going to stop. Couldnt breathe. **** is so dirty and evil. My head itches. My eyes are on fire. I feel like I have a really bad sunburn all around my eyes. I need to rest right now.

Does any of this sound familiar Trish? Those are your words from the last time you went out of a binge. What happened to going to outpatient? I know you were doing everything in your power to get into inpatient but your insurance wouldn't approve it so you decided on outpatient. You said you were going to start going to Meetings, you were willing to go to any length. Trish, if nothing changes, nothing changes. It's that plain and simple.

I also think you're fooling yourself into believing that your "safe" once it's dark outside. When we are determined to use, we're like the postal system, nothing stands in our way, not rain, sleet, hail or snow. Hell, I walked in all of those to cop dope.

I wish to God you would check in here today. I am very concerned right now. Why? Because I care so very much about you. And I know how very powerful this disease can be when it gets ahold of us.

Praying like Crazy,
Judy
Old 05-23-2009, 08:54 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Come on, Trish...please check in and let us know you're okay.
Old 05-23-2009, 11:00 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
IO Storm

I am one move away from death or jail.

That would leave ...an institution...treatment..if you made it back.

Yep..check in, doll.

I won't write again till you show up. It hurts..and I am way too codie...hopefully,

you are not using.

:praying: Because I certainly am powerless over this. And you.

Sher
Old 05-23-2009, 04:16 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Administrator

thinking of you (((Trish)))

D
Old 05-23-2009, 05:45 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I look in here about once a week and have seen you grow increasingly despondent it seems, and now you are in a mode that makes me very concerned. Like you I was a strongly independent woman. Can be a great personal trait but not always that helpful in recovery.

I also had difficulty just adjusting to a slower pace than I was accustomed to. Thinking of you as well.

Last edited by michelle01; 05-23-2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:49 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Trish won't be back until she finishes her run. I hope she makes it back. I've seen her repeat this pattern over and over and it's heartbreaking to witness.
Old 05-23-2009, 05:58 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I agree with Rowan. If I'm wrong, I sincerely apologize.

((Trish)) I love ya dearly, but I've got to admit, I feel pretty darned frustrated and hopeless right now. Hope to see you back SOON.

Luv ya!

Amy
Old 05-23-2009, 06:03 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Old 05-23-2009, 06:05 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I hope I'm wrong too, and apologize if I am.

But I'm pretty sure that I'm not.
Old 05-23-2009, 06:08 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm thinking of you Trish, and praying you get back okay.

Love you,

Jules xox
Old 05-23-2009, 06:09 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

Check in Trish - if nothing else, you'll stop the conjecture.

D
Old 05-23-2009, 06:21 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I have to agree. It's a great shame because I believe that this time she sincerely wanted it. But in truth I feel that it's already been in the works for a few weeks. I've been there myself, before I eventually worked out relapse prevention.

Be Thankful For What You Have. Before Your Sorry It's Gone. ~ Trish 2009
There is still so much ahead! Sure, I have regrets. Times and places in the past I wanted to go back and visit but they weren't there anymore. All that we really have is today and what we do with it. And today for me there is much I am grateful for. Took me awhile to be able to see it and fully appreciate it again, but it's there.

Last edited by michelle01; 05-23-2009 at 06:46 PM.