Notices

today is different than the old days of addiction

Old 05-18-2009, 08:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

today is different than the old days of addiction

today is different than the old days of addiction. i woke with a gentle kindness in my heart. I'm learning that i can steer the direction of the endless mind-chatter that carries on in my head by noticing my thoughts, naming them, and then practicing trying out a new thought.

it's so much better than the way it used to be. One of my local AA people hung himself last week, and another one had a massive heart attack and died as well. they both had about 25 years sober. they both helped me along the way during the early years of my sobriety, and before my relapse and subsequent journey into the world of crack. I don't know what to think about all that.

but i'm grateful for this day. for soft music. for kind thoughts. for the recovery foundation that i am building. And for uncomfortable emotions as well. I'm grateful for all the things that are part of the reality that I bring to this moment. I want to be me today, completely, my desire to be someone else, anyone else...or just to be magically made a millionare seem far away in the distance of my past.

today I'm more and more content with just being myself and with living in the journey of my life. just living within the page of the book of my life that i am on.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That's beautiful Ksplash.
Old 05-18-2009, 09:49 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Ksplash my condolances on your friends. I call what you speak of as being comfortable in my own skin, I know I am not the greatest guy in the world, I also know that things could be better for me, but today that is okay, I am a work in progress and that is okay, I continue to evolve into a better me, far from perfect, but better.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I try to find gratitude each day for something in my life. It helps me when my mind tries to visit those old dark places. I also try to live in the moment and most of the time, the moment is good.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

Old 05-18-2009, 03:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I am very sorry to hear about your friends.
Its always sad to see someone pass.
You sound very peaceful in your post tho.
I just sense this calm in it.
Quite a difference from what our addiction does to us.
I am so proud of you and you do inspire me alot.
Keep up the hard work.