Notices

So sick of all of this today! Sorry, but have to vent!

Old 05-17-2009, 03:08 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I am glad his temp has come down.
My aunt use to give me this stuff when I was sick as a kid.
I hated that stuff so much. And it tastes horrible. But it worked everytime in breaking the fever. Over night even.

1 tsp of ground ginger in 1 cup of hot water.
It is the most awful tasting stuff. But its makes you sweat like crazy and the fever is gone by morning.
At least with anyone in my family it has always worked.

Hope you get some rest soon.
Hang in there.
Old 05-17-2009, 08:55 PM
  # 62 (permalink)  
IO Storm

:praying:

Update us ..when you can hon.
Old 05-18-2009, 03:41 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Sorry I haven't checked back in earlier, but I'm hoping N's fever stays down and you grown-ups are feeling better, too! I know it's got to be frustrating to be sick....again! I've had to tell myself that with all that I put my body through when I was using, I really can't complain if it acts up every now and then (though I still complain).

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 05-18-2009, 04:34 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Just poppin in before work HL.

Hope you and Nate are doin better. Hope hubby is doin ok too.
Check in when you can. (((all of you)))
Old 05-18-2009, 07:15 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Horselover you started this thread after I left Friday, I have read through it and you and your son remain in my prayers.

The ginger that Trish mentioned is an ancient chinese concoction that usually will break a fever, I pray all is well today or really getting better.
Old 05-18-2009, 07:59 AM
  # 66 (permalink)  

All is well friends. We woke up and NO fever. He's not back to himself totally, BUT no fever this morning. He's tired, but I would expect that after fighting this thing for 5 days. We will all be well thanks to your prayers and the love you sent. It helped so much! He, hopefully, will return to school tomorrow. I still don't have all the answers, but I don't have all the answers to life . . . yet. I'm just VERY grateful he's feeling better and woke up that way. Great way to start our day.
Old 05-18-2009, 11:53 AM
  # 67 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Oh yay!

I am so glad, S....

Hugs for you both... :ghug3: :ghug3:
Old 05-18-2009, 11:56 AM
  # 68 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

So happy your son & you are getting healthy again. Echoing IO YAY.
Old 05-18-2009, 12:27 PM
  # 69 (permalink)  

Okay this falls in the "You will never believe it" category. He has swine flu. No temp just coughing, but he and I have been told to stay home from school and work this week. His doctor called me because the hospital had called her. Oh well! Just glad he's feeling better and we can play games all week now. I don't mind some forced time off from work and some quality time with my son. God works in mysterious ways.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:11 PM
  # 70 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Get out of here!!!!! No on the serious note, I can't believe it! You posted he is feeling better and that is so good. I use to love playing games and just laying there with my kids. Forced time off work is good for the soul (and the mind) and Yes God does work in mysterious ways. Glad it's almost over and not really serious anymore.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:26 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  

Believe - I'm not kidding. He is feeling better but the doctor doesn't want to take chances on spreading this at school. She said his symptoms are exactly the same as the 2 cases that she confirmed by testing were swine flu. I would not lie about this. I am actually glad I was told after we got through the worst of it.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:34 PM
  # 72 (permalink)  

Holy! Swine flu!?! Man! Glad all is ok! Keep us posted! Love, J
Old 05-18-2009, 01:38 PM
  # 73 (permalink)  

Wow Sarah! I'd have believed goat-flu maybe (just kidding...oh-that's a bad pun.Sorry-LOL) but heck!I'm so glad he's okay and through the worst of it.Poor wee guy and poor Mom too!

Glad you've got some forced time off though.It sounds like the perfect remedy after days of stress and worry.

Give your boy a hug for me, and here's one for you too

Love, Julesxox
Old 05-18-2009, 01:43 PM
  # 74 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Just checking in to see how everyone is doing . . . the swine flu? Wow! I bet you are glad that you found out now, after he's feeling better and not when he was feeling his worst. As a parent, I know I would have really been going nuts, especially hearing everything on the news, in newspapers . . . How old is your son? I'm sorry, I can't remember everything, even though I am the Queen! lol

Reading this got me to thinking of the times when my son, who's now 20, was a little guy and sick. He would get bad ear infections that naturally would hit at 3:00 am. I can remember sitting up with him and just cuddling him, rocking him, even if he was 7 or 8 at the time. One time when he was about 6, he looked at me and said, "Even big boys need to be rocked sometimes." The past nearly 4 years are the only time that I have been clean and sober since he was born so many of my memories, it seems, aren't the greatest. Although he was sick during these times, I fondly remember the sweet, tender moments of both of us on the couch, sitting in the dark, room only lit by the light of the TV in the middle of the night and his head in my lap. Just the way he would look up at me, like he was checking to see if I was still there, was so sweet. Funny how it takes things like this to remind me that I am a pretty good Mom, even though I did some pretty crappy things in the past. Thanks for triggering some good memories HL!

Prayers to you, your Son & Hubby,
Judy
Old 05-18-2009, 01:51 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

I believe you HL - I wish I could give you a hug so here's a virtual one (((HL)))
Like Serenity just posted, It is a good thing you found out now instead of the other night with his fever spiked. I, too remember my son with ear infections and being up all night rocking him, I was sober all their lives until about 4 years ago and he was 19 when I picked up my daughter was 16. It's great you are sober and able to be there to cuddle and hug him when he needs you.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:56 PM
  # 76 (permalink)  

Thanks! Jomey - Holy swine flu! LOL! Jules - Goat flu - that crossed my mind.

Judy, he's a big baby too, my son. I actually appreciate the time we can cuddle. I wish it weren't due to sickness, but a friend confided to me she thought it might be lukemia. I am so glad she didn't voice that concern to me before or during this mess. I had enough worries in my own mind.

His pediatrician is awesome. She, unfortunately, has the nerve to be retiring soon. She is a doctor I can call on the phone and she will give me answers. I don't get her nurse I actually get her. Very unusual these days. She also believes in sending kids to school no matter what and so when she said keep him home this week I was shocked. I asked her if she seriously thought it was swine and she says without even giving him a blood test she was 90 percent sure. The long lasting fever and the coughing and other stuff all add up to it. She said neither of the 2 kids she confirmed with swine were hospitalized. Nate "almost" was, but luckily not.

Every day is getting better and better. Every day is getting better and better. . .
Old 05-18-2009, 02:01 PM
  # 77 (permalink)  

Wow Sarah, still it sounds like he has broken the back of it already, which is good.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:03 PM
  # 78 (permalink)  

Sure is Stoney. I'm not complaining about this at all. Believe me. I almost consider this a blessing in disguise. It could have been SOOOOO much worse. I have shed tears of relief today.
Old 05-18-2009, 02:33 PM
  # 79 (permalink)  
Administrator

It's too early for me to make swine flu jokes - LOL.

I'm just very glad he's feeling better, Sarah. Hope you and Mr Sarah are too!
(((all of youse))))

D
Old 05-18-2009, 02:45 PM
  # 80 (permalink)  

Wow..Swine flu.
Wll I am so glad yall are gettin over it.
I am not too sure how serious the hype the media is making out of it.
But any flu is pretty bad.
What a way to take a vacation.
Enjoy your time off with your baby.
The worst is over thank goodness.