Notices

So sick of all of this today! Sorry, but have to vent!

Old 05-16-2009, 07:39 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  

HA HA!!! Yes I saw.

Wanted to swing back over here and tell you CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR ONE YEAR!!!!!!!!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!! 5
Old 05-16-2009, 08:22 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

I justsaw this thread. Being sick is hard, but when our children are sick too it is draining...It does feel like it will never end. I'm glad your son is home from the hospital and doing as well as he is.
I agree with Laurie and the chicken soup. I wish I were there to make it for you.
I think it would be a good idea for the 2 of you to curl up and have a movie marathon.

My prayers are with you both.
Old 05-16-2009, 08:42 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Thanks Suzette. You can definitely sympathize with me on this. I sure hope and pray Cam is doing well. Nate is sooooo much better and I am headed to the video store today. "Hotel for Dogs" and "Ice Age II" are on the list of movies I am to pick up. I thought your movie marathon idea was a great one. I'm also going to make chicken soup today. We'll beat this sickness out of the house, but not today. I'm too tired to fight today. Thanks again Suzette. Hugs - Sarah
Old 05-16-2009, 09:36 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Hotel For Dogs? I've wanted to see it, please notice if there's an English Mastiff in it - there's one on the poster, but I didn't see it in the trailer. Nothing like movies to take us away from ourselves for awhile. I think we all need a vaca from our thoughts and worries. So glad Nate's doing better.
Old 05-16-2009, 09:41 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Glad Nate is doing better, Horsey.

I only just saw this thread. ((((Horsey))))
Old 05-16-2009, 09:45 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Hi HL just got caught up in your post, sorry all went the way it did but happy it turned out the way it did. Lucky for him you were a sober mom, yay!!!! Hope you and that little guy are doing much better. The chicken soup sounds delicious!!!
Old 05-16-2009, 11:08 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

:praying For YOU, your SON & family 2day!!!! Get well soon! :praying
Old 05-16-2009, 11:41 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad that things are going better today!

It might be worth checking out the mold theory. It's a possibility.

Hopefully things will go smoother now.
Old 05-16-2009, 12:02 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Rowan's dog.....

Hi Rowan,

I have a Rat Terrier that looks just exactly like your dog picture in her face & head...she has course short white fur & not much fur on her tummy but a lot of dark spots.

My husband has an Airedale again...his second one...& she is so different from our first one personality wise. She gives us loves but is a scardy cat when she hears unknown noises...especially if it is quiet in the house.

We have had lots of big dogs that were outside dogs & if they came in they had to stay in the doorway of the kitchen.

I have never had a small dog so am very attached to my Terrier even when she is bad....she gets a verbal "bad dog!" if she gets paper out of the trash can but she has to always come to me with her ears back to get a love from me and then she feels okay. :ghug

Please let me know if that is your Dog & what kind it is.

orchards

Old 05-16-2009, 05:40 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  
IO Storm

Won't take up your precious time today except to say..

Thank God! Rest! And 's to you and your boy...

Did I say, rest?

Love you, S
Old 05-16-2009, 06:00 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Well here I am and thought we had made progress today, but not really. Fever is still running in the triple digits and ibuprofin isn't really taking care of it. I can't wait until Monday because I am going to camp out at his doctor's office with him in tow if this thing is still around.

He has, however, eaten some today and so that is good. He is nauseous after he's eaten, but its staying down. He has NEVER hung onto a virus like this before. He actually asked to go to bed at 6:30 pm. I think that is good though.

No comments are necessary, but please keep the prayers going. That is all I need right now. Thanks again for your love and support. This too shall pass. This too shall pass. This too shall pass.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:00 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

****{S}}}
Old 05-16-2009, 07:53 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

You know I'm praying for all of you, sweetie.

Sending you love, hugs and healing thoughts tonight,

Julesxox
Old 05-16-2009, 08:01 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Administrator

:ghug3
prayers Sarah

D
Old 05-17-2009, 07:31 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

Love, Prayers and Hugs to you and your family!

P.S. Congratulations friend!
Old 05-17-2009, 09:23 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

For a little guy like yours, when he is nauseous little sips of believe it or not coke or 7-up, preferably warm and some that has been opened for a while to let some of the carbonation leave, will help to calm his stomach.

Many times just plain aspirin will help bring down or break a fever much faster and better than ibuprofen.

Also, when he eats give him more broth and less of the rest of the chicken soup. Saltine crackers (as I am sure you may remember from 'morning sickness' days, lol) help with the nausea also.

Prayers and good thoughts still heading North.

Love and hugs,
Old 05-17-2009, 10:26 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Prayers Sarah - please update us when you have time! Love & hugs, Jomey
Old 05-17-2009, 10:46 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Quick note - re doctor's office insist on a blood test and no aspirin for children
Old 05-17-2009, 11:17 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  

Well I slept the night in my clothes because I was fairly certain we were running him to the hospital, but we made it. I actually read on Dr. Sears site that I could double dose the ibuprofin, which I tried and it worked. Right now fever is down and he's eating and drinking. I am hesitant on saying everything is okay because I did that yesterday and jinxed myself so to speak. Hopefully, his fever won't spike after the medicine wears down. That's been the cycle these past few days. He's fine for about 3 hours and then it goes back up. No school tomorrow and I'm calling the doctor in the morning.

Thanks for the prayers and concern. It means so much to know I can share this burden right now. Husband came down with this and so he'll be staying home tomorrow also. I have to work Tuesday through Thursday. We'll see how it goes.

At least he's been better for a few hours longer today. We have even had energy to play mom in a round of battleship (a favorite childhood game of mine) and we have watched Beethoven 1 and Beethoven 2. He's now rewatching the first one. Its pretty darn funny and that's got to be good for him.
Old 05-17-2009, 02:55 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm so glad N seems to be getting better
hugs to you both, Sarah

D