Notices

Would I be better off just attending AA?

Old 05-15-2009, 07:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I've never done IOP, but that sounds pretty hokey to me. You have a right to not be harrassed. I'm sorry this is happening to you. :ghug :ghug
Old 05-16-2009, 10:10 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Disposable Hero

You sound a bit defensive and if that's a result of someone doing you harm in the past, i hope that you will give yourself a break from it.

One of the reasons i needed emotional stability is because i was abused by someone, which for me, started a process of self abuse. It got to the point where i didn't even know what a healthy relationship was anymore because i was so sensitive and paranoid all the time. i couldn't even see the helping hand that was offered to me because i was afraid that it would only be another attempt by someone to inflict more pain.

i have found the love and acceptance i've wanted most of my entire life in NA. Yeah, i used drugs (which alcohol is one of). But the things i suffered from the most were anger, fear, and resentment. The disease of addiction just made matters worse. i've learned to accept that i need help not just in staying clean, but also with living clean. Freedom from self obsession and running on self will continues to be made possible with faith in a Higher Power, participating at meetings, having a meaningful relationship with a sponsor, and applying spiritual principles through the 12 Steps and 12 Traditions.

Congratulations on your decision to stay clean and sober no matter what!!