Notices

Ticking time bomb

Old 05-14-2009, 04:39 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Trish glad you got through this, venting helps a lot, you know it used to be if I was where you were at, SOME ONE was going to PAY!!! If the person or thing I was POed at was not available then who ever was in the immediate area would do, if no one was around an inanimate objest did just fine, I got it out in all the wrong ways, sometimes I just hurt myself or some inanimate object, but sadly sometimes I hurt those I love even though they were perfectly innocent.

Today I have a sponsor I trust along with other folks in the program that understand and love me, first I do as you did, I just STOP!!!! I think, I pray, I meditate and I either go to a meeting or call some one and dump on them, having been in the same spot I am in they offer thier experience, strength, & hope to me, some times it is just a hug or look of understanding other times they just listen, other times they share with me how they dealt with something similar, or they may be able to help me do something.

SR is also a great place to vent, I have vented here before and it has helped, but there have been times when the only thing that saved me and others was good old fashioned contact with a fellow human being that has walked in my shoes.

Glad to hear the kitty is doing well.

How is grams doing Trish?
Old 05-14-2009, 05:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Here's a duckie for you, chiy:

Old 05-14-2009, 05:45 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Glad you're feeling better Chiy! I've always found that 'ranting in writing' is a great way to unload and here people actually read it and care. I've always done the cleaning/fixing/etc when angry or depressed, when my daughter was still living at home she always knew that if I was cleaning the oven/frig/garage/closets etc to leave me alone because it meant I was upset--it's kind of like when I have no control of life and it's problems I clean because I do have control over that and one of my mottos has always been "a clean home is a happy home" stupid I know.

Judy