SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Substitution? (Yeah, I'm bored...) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/176207-substitution-yeah-im-bored.html)

Bamboozle 05-12-2009 01:21 PM

Substitution? (Yeah, I'm bored...)

Hello all. I’m bored right now…and I’m curious. :)

Anyone else out there feel like or know that they have an addictive type personality? I think I do. And I think a good way for me to beat my bad addictions is to substitute them with good ones. Of course, people usually refer to good addictions as passions. :)

I’ve been taking a lot of pictures lately…mostly of ducks, ducklings, geese, goslings, robins and their babies, etc. It’s spring here…and what a beautiful time of the year. Also, I would like to make art again…I’m hoping that taking pictures will help my creative ideas.

So, what are your passions…or what would you like to become a passion?

WLDKATZ 05-12-2009 01:23 PM

gardening, I have wanted one for years and I am trying it is just the health thing that is stopping me that in the ole man continually saying it cant be done because of the type of soil and grubs we have..........................ugh

tommyk 05-12-2009 01:46 PM

Running, lifting, performing music, reading, just to name a few.

And I think you are EXACTLY correct, substitute good ones for bad ones! :)

Live 05-12-2009 01:46 PM

Pamm,

Buy a bunch of topsoil and cow manure.
I always put eggshells in the garden as it helps with slugs?

Gardening has always been great therapy for me.

joedris 05-12-2009 02:42 PM

I raise bonsai plants, go to 5 meetings a week, am being trained by a Lorikeet, work, spend time at this site, sponsor three guys and correspond w/ 2 others in prison. Just the usual stuff.

meditation 05-12-2009 03:11 PM

Well I work with Photoshop and make pretty designs. I don't yet have my muse back. I also am like Bam. I love to get out in the yard and take photos. I love to garden.
I saw a chipmunk up in one of my birdfeeders. I have no idea how he got there but I have some new respect for their mad climbing skills.

I have neglected playing the piano. I also collect music. Vinyl albums. It has to be one geeky hobby.:wild

helluvacook 05-12-2009 07:27 PM

I'm addicted to cooking and collecting cookbooks. I seriously cook with reckless abandon :bbq, haha. I like to make stuff up and combine things that you might not normally think of. I'm crazy in the kitchen! Hence the screen name, I digress....I'm an RN by trade so of course I am passionate about being a nurse, pediatrics, developmental disabilities, and the like.

I also love feeding the backyard birds, and I think I probably have way too many bird feeders and bird houses. My neighbors probably call me "the bird lady" behind my back!

A couple of other passions of mine are making homemade organic babyfood (which I did for the entire first year of my son's life!) and breastfeeding (slowly taking online courses to be a lactation consultant).

:tyou For listening to me talk about myself!

sailorjohn 05-12-2009 09:53 PM

Originally Posted by Bamboozle (Post 2226201)
Hello all. I’m bored right now…and I’m curious. :
I’ve been taking a lot of pictures lately…mostly of ducks, ducklings, geese, goslings, robins and their babies, etc.

Why aren't you posting them in the Cafe Central photo thread?

Bamboozle 05-13-2009 04:12 AM

Originally Posted by sailorjohn (Post 2226620)
Why aren't you posting them in the Cafe Central photo thread?

Haven't gotten around to it yet. :)