Notices

feeling cold?

Old 05-10-2009, 02:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

feeling cold?

I have been feeling colder than usual since I have become sober and was wondering if anyone else has had the same feeling?

Before I could walk around with a t-shirt in winter and now I have to have heaps of jumpers on and 3 blankets on my bed where before I only needed my doona. Also I never wore socks to bed before and now I have to cos my feet are so cold.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've never had that experience, and this is the first time I've heard of it. You may want to check with your doctor. A lot of things can cause this condition, but I don't think sobriety is one of them. Maybe someone else has had the experience. If so, you'll hear from them.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:41 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I felt that way for a couple of months after I got clean..Thank goodness it was in the summer.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I felt that way for the first month or so of being clean. But I don't know if that would happen to many people or not. My drug of choice was crack cocaine. Dunno if you have the same, if so, then maybe that is just a symptom of withdrawals? If not, not, maybe it is still a symptom of withdrawals or it could be something else. If you have insurance or the money, go to a doctor and have some tests done. Maybe they can pinpoint it, and if not, then it might be withdrawals...
Old 05-10-2009, 09:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I got hot more quickly and would sweat when drinking. Also I'd sweat like crazy at night. I get cold more easily when I am sober for sure.

Jayne
Old 05-10-2009, 04:56 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

Could just be it's gonna be a colder winter this year in Oz Maz - I'm in Qld but I've felt it
too

D
Old 05-10-2009, 05:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi Maz Welcome!
When I drank my blood sugar went on a spin that was unbelievable. When I stopped drinking my body gradually returned to normal and I felt very different. It was very important for me to not allow my blood sugar to drop too low or I could become cold, get cranky or crave a drink. Are you eating properly?
Old 05-10-2009, 05:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Next stop: real life

I was always too warm when I was drinking. Constantly sweating, even in the winter... gross. I've definitely been feeling colder than usual since I quit drinking, but I think my body's just reverted to a more normal temperature.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Don't know. You might want to check with your doctor to see if there is anything medical going on with you and make sure he/she knows about your stopping drinking.
Old 05-10-2009, 06:58 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Definitely felt much colder... Thank God summer is coming to the northern hemisphere!