SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Off topic, just a question. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/175767-off-topic-just-question.html)

firestorm090 05-05-2009 11:49 AM

Off topic, just a question.

I was looking for the two liter of soda I had last night. I remembered taking it out of the fridge last night, pouring my glass full, then for some reason I stuck it in the cabinet with the glasses, but didn't remember it. Just now, I was hunting for it and found it in the cupboard, instead of the fridge.

Has anyone else done this sort of stuff?

Well, I liked my mind while it lasted, too bad it's slipping away. It's hard to live life with a big glob of goo between your ears, that's all that's left from all those years of alcohol abuse.:c020:

:whoop 44 days today without a drink. That's nice.

Mark75 05-05-2009 12:18 PM

It's from trying to burn that 150 calories/hour... leaves you disoriented, all that head banging. :headbange

Way to go on 44 days!!

Mark

jamdls 05-05-2009 12:28 PM

I've found my car keys in the refrigerator a couple of times

tellus 05-05-2009 12:32 PM

I routinely stick the cat kibble in the fridge, or occasionally the milk in the cupboard (fridge and cupboard are right next to each other)... I can get away with it, though, as I live with my senile father. ;) No judging in this household.

Congrats on 44 days! :bounce

sailorjohn 05-05-2009 12:34 PM

Would love to help, but I've always been more than a little absent minded.....luckily, in your case, have read many times that the brain does repair itself, for me, just try to make sure I leave things in the same place consistently.

Tommyh 05-05-2009 12:42 PM

yep....of all the things I have lost,I miss my mind the most....now,what was the question??

did I miss something?

vegibean 05-05-2009 12:56 PM

Heh, I know I've killed a lot of brain cells. I don't have any up their fighting with each other, there's just that one looking around for the rest of them. -------> :wtf2

I know the feeling. :)

Aysha 05-05-2009 12:56 PM

I misplace things all the time. I even look for stuff thats in my hand.
Your definately not alone on that one.

laurie6781 05-05-2009 01:01 PM

Just now, I was hunting for it and found it in the cupboard, instead of the fridge.

ROFLMFAO

That has as much to do with it being a "Senior Moment" as from alcohol.

Let's see, I have found my truck keys in the freezer, the bathroom and in the drawer of the night stand.

I have put a bottle of soda back in the pantry rather than refrigerator, too many time to count.

I 'misplace' things a lot. I think it is just age. Sure I did it in early recovery, then got better, then it started happening AGAIN, lol Now it is just a fact of life. I think my HP gets a kick out of me going on a 'scavenger hunt' now and then.

Welcome to the CRS Club. (Can't remember s*it). I am a charter member. lmao

Love and hugs,

gerryP 05-05-2009 01:41 PM

Forty Four days without a drink...That is nice! Well done!!!

Has this happened to me? Too many examples to list. It all smooths out with time, then you will walk into a room with purpose, stop...and ask yourself what you came in for. Still doing a lot of that. Pick up the phone with finger pointed...and hang it up because I can't remember who I was going to call. okay, now I'm scaring myself.

Congrats again Firestorm!

Tosh 05-05-2009 02:27 PM

Going places is my problem.

I want to drive from A to B and suddenly realise I'm at point C. I then try to get to place B (my original intention) and end up driving through D, E, and F to get there.

Even this evening I was on my way to my fourth AA meeting, turned into what I thought was the hospital and saw a fellow member walking up the road. I pulled up and asked him where he was going; since he was going in the wrong direction.

It turned out it was me going in the wrong direction.

9 days sober here!

Toomutch 05-05-2009 02:45 PM

I can relate, I misplace things and get lost driving places where I've been several times before. I even get lost in places like the mall.

Congatulations on 44 days... That's awesome! :)

joedris 05-05-2009 02:51 PM

It's called a brain infarction among civilized people, something a little crude to everyone else. Happens to all of us.

ADayAtATime 05-05-2009 03:04 PM

I do that sort of thing all the time...I catch myself putting things where they don't belong. I think that since I have such an over active mind I become airheaded or have a brain fart at times...LOL!!!
WooooHoooo! Congrats on 44 days, such an accomplishment!!!
XOXO

Surlyredhead 05-05-2009 03:10 PM

I can relate, it took a while, but my short term memory eventually got better. I still forget things now and then, but I am getting old quickly!

least 05-05-2009 03:12 PM

Problems with memory and concentration are also symptoms of PAWS. But it goes away eventually.

I've always been 'absent minded', 'scatterbrained'. So I can't blame aging as I've been like this my whole life! You're not the only one experiencing 'brain freeze'. It happens to a lot of us, so you're in good company!

Congrats on 44 days sober! Way to go!

Gypsy Feet 05-05-2009 03:23 PM

I was walking in the heat at work, and noticed my vision was blurry and panicked a bit, thinking it was heat stroke. Then I realized my specs were on top of my head:c032:

DaveR1988 05-05-2009 03:46 PM

I've put the ice cream in the cupboard, sure makes the wife mad, but it's progress not perfection.

gerryP 05-05-2009 04:04 PM

Ha haha...UEyes you do that also! When I can't find my reading glasses I automatically pat the top of my head a few times. They are usually there.