Notices

From Tramadol To Suboxone

Old 05-02-2009, 09:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Red face From Tramadol To Suboxone..Need Advice & Friends!

I am new to this site and to Suboxone, which I started on April 27th. I have taken Tramadol faithfully for over two years and have tried countless times to stop on my own and have always failed. I heard some good things and bad things about Sub but I have to say that it has stopped me dead in my tracks....I went from taking twenty pills a day to taking two...go figure.
:wtf2
I am having a few uncomfortable side effects that almost feel like motion sickness...like dizziness and stomach upset. I was told that these should go away with time....does anyone know if this is true? I mean...Im not complaining...these symptoms are NOTHING compared to WD....but it would really be nice to look forward to them going away. I also would like to know if anyone who has used Sub...is there anything I can do when taking the pill to make it a little less revolting? LOL It is sooooo horrible and my Dr. says the only way Im aloud to take it is under the tongue!
I am looking for anyone to share their story with...Im new and need friends!:ghug3
I would love to hear your advice, your opinion, and your story! I think its key to helping stay where I need to be.....looking forward to hearing from anyone!
Old 05-02-2009, 09:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can't relate to Suboxone. I was never on it. Just take it the way the doctor said. These side effects are minor compared to full blown withdrawal. I was detoxed on Methadone in a hospital for 5 days. If the Methadone helped, I wasn't aware of it. I can't imagine anything being worse than what I went thru. Maybe it would've been worse without the Methadone....I don't know. Hang in there. Great support here!
Old 05-02-2009, 09:49 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Please check out this link

Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

Welcome to SR...
Old 05-07-2009, 09:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

DespSeekingMe,

i just started on suboxone about 2 weeks ago, I have not had any of those side effects. How often and what MG are you taking. I have found it best for me to take mine in at the same time each day, that may help with your side effects. What is the issue with taking it under the tongue? Is it not desolving fast enough? If that is the case drink a little water first to ensure your mouth is good and moist. PM me with any question, and I will help you any way I can.

HarleyMan