Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Feeling positive about my future! but know this feeling will go...

Notices

Feeling positive about my future! but know this feeling will go...

Old 05-10-2009, 06:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Just an Update. 11 days sober now, went to my first AA meeting on Friday night, was strange as I never thought when I was younger that I would be going to an AA meeting at the age of 23 on a Friday night. The meeting was in the town centre, which was a bit strange hearing and seeing all those "Happy" revellers out with girlfrends etc and me waiting to go into an AA meeting! But you know what; I woke up in my 'Own' bed and could remember how I got there and what I'd been upto the previous night. None of that horrible anxiety and guilt, and checking of pockets to check that I still have my wallet, house-keys and phone and ID and no police summons!!
Going to a meeting tomorrow night. I still am having trouble with the term 'Alcoholic' as I still feel at times that I just Loved getting hammered too much!! But I cannot view it the same now as I can't see past all the crappy feelings I get when sobering up and the fact that I will be drinking as soon as I awake. I don't miss that One-bit really when I actually 'Think it through properly'. It's so easy to forget all of the crap which made me join this site and call AA in the first place!!!
Anyway hope you are all good.

Peace, Love and Happiness, Neomarxist. Viva La (sober) revolution!! haha