Notices

Hi i'm new

Old 05-02-2009, 04:24 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
JJB

Hi Charmian
Well, like I said I had understood that AA's purpose is not to help people give up alcohol but to keep their sobriety and help others once they have. As I'm still in my very first days of giving up I don't feel i'm up to that stage yet. I'm also a fairly shy person and for the moment the idea of sitting in a meeting and having to tell all these people i don't know who i am and all the painful things alchohol has done to me is just ..;well i'm not ready for it. By joining this forum I am hoping to gradually prepare the way and one day I intend to try it.(AA) At the moment to be honest i'm finding contact with people in general quite difficult -i'm currently suffering from depression and i hate even going to the doctor to ask for help.(although i have) These first days of not drinking is as Tazman predicted pretty awful for the depression and i'm trying to follow advice given on the forum-take one day even one hour at a time.. I'm so pleased and grateful to have found this forum. I think you're great and i currently log on several times a day. Today is my day three without a drink.
Old 05-02-2009, 12:58 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  

JJB.well done for day 3.i remember only too well what it felt like in those early days.i wish you well and you are in my prayers.:ghug
Old 05-02-2009, 01:00 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

hi JJB,glad you are here,keep coming back