Notices

New Appreciation...

Old 04-28-2009, 01:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile New Appreciation...

Well, on May 5th I'll have three months and over the course of my time of being sober I've definitely found that I have a new appreciation for a lot of things that I used to take for granted.

So many things I used to take for granted such as music, nature, time with friends and family and actually being helpful to others. I've found it's so nice to be able to fully enjoy all these things and so much more and have the appropriate appreciation for them. I'm feeling better than I've felt in a long time and while there are still some stressful and down times life in general is so much better now than I could've imagined just a few short months ago.

And I'm so grateful for and appreciative of all the love and support from the people here on SR, my sponsor and grandsponsor in AA and everyone involved in my sobriety giving me an ear to listen or a shoulder to cry on. I don't think I would've made it this far without all that. Well, I suppose I'm just rambling on and all, just feeling so good I wanted to share it with someone. Thanks for letting me share.

Wes
Old 04-28-2009, 02:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you! Congrats on 3 months. Sobriety is pretty darn awesome!
Old 04-28-2009, 02:57 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Sounds like someone has a big old case of the gratitudes! Isn't it great!

I've been in Recovery for going on 4 years and I still have moments where my eyes well with tears of gratitude for just something very simple that I never appreciated when I was using. . . like a child's laughter, watching my goofy cat play with a toy, a big smile on my Son's face . . . I could go on and on but I will spare everyone another novel by Judy. lol

There are times that I am just so happy to be clean, sober and alive that I could stand on a rooftop and just yell out how happy I am. But then I'm sure I'd end up in the back of a police cruiser real quick like and I prefer not to go there today! lol

Keep up the good work and let the gratitude show through, it's contagious.

God Bless,
Judy