Notices

I wonder if I will make it

Old 04-26-2009, 02:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I wonder if I will make it

I have too much time on my hands. and I dont sleep, and i I have no idea how to stop this. I feel really weird and out of control.-- lost my job but they are paying me for a few months so that parts cool- however that may be a negative- that basically means Well I will stop there- its not your problem. what a piece of crap. didnt mean to rain on the parade.
dub
Old 04-26-2009, 02:42 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

((Dub))...whats going on...
Old 04-26-2009, 02:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Dub!

If it's your problem and you reach out, OF COURSE it is our problem! Sometimes, well, actually a lot, I feel "scattered" and that is really uncomfortable for me. Kind of like the pieces don't fit together and don't feel right. I think alcoholics are prone to wanting everything under their control, nice and tidy, so to speak. The underlying drive is a fear of chaos. The only thing I know how to do in those times is to try to calm myself, get a grip on the fact that I control very little in life and have faith that the moment is just that: a moment (or a period of time). All will be clearer soon. Somehow that conviction that all will be well is of a comfort to me.

So, talk and tell us what you are feeling....
Old 04-26-2009, 02:56 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

let me think
Old 04-26-2009, 03:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I also walked from my job back in
December all because they chose
a little 20 yr old peep squeak...
over me to be the boss and i tried
to work with her but she let her
job go to her head and thus i
could deal with the unfairity of
the situation.

The family owned business knew
i was a good employee, however
they needed to keep her.

Not a problem tho,,,,,they know
what they did to me....

Anyway....i havent slept very well
either since December. Mainly because
i physically worked hard at my job
and now not that active as much.

Sure im out of sorts but im getting
use to not working. Hey just early
retirement for me.....and in a few
weeks i will have a hip replacement.

I have to remember that when one
door closes another will open.

My HP is taking care of me and He will
provide for me as He sees fit as long
as i do the next right thing.

To stay sober and share my ESH with
others.

So can u.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HideorSeek View Post
Hi Dub!

If it's your problem and you reach out, OF COURSE it is our problem! Sometimes, well, actually a lot, I feel "scattered" and that is really uncomfortable for me. Kind of like the pieces don't fit together and don't feel right. I think alcoholics are prone to wanting everything under their control, nice and tidy, so to speak. The underlying drive is a fear of chaos. The only thing I know how to do in those times is to try to calm myself, get a grip on the fact that I control very little in life and have faith that the moment is just that: a moment (or a period of time). All will be clearer soon. Somehow that conviction that all will be well is of a comfort to me.

hey-
very sweet comments. I pray every day- not sure if you are on that program and if you are not that if is a-ok with me. just what i do. I know this will pass. thanks- - i appreciate your message.
Old 04-26-2009, 03:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Old 04-26-2009, 03:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yep, I'm with you on prayer! I realized the other day that I am comfortable with things I can't explain, BECAUSE I can't explain them. Does that make sense? Kind of keeps me right sized and humble. The combination of humility and awe at so many things (like the way a flock of birds all turn, seemingly simultaneously, for example) shows me that there are greater powers at work. And if that is the case and the power is benevolent (which I believe), I am in good hands.

Chin up Dub, I'm with you on this!
Old 04-26-2009, 04:06 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HideorSeek View Post
Hi Dub!

here is what i am feeling my friend- not worth a crap- i havent slept since i dont know when, and I am am an over active person. its a beautiful day and i am sitting inside; i dont even know why. my exercise elimination is most of it i am sure.your concern is very cool.. best- dub
Old 04-26-2009, 04:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

So, Dedubya,

You know that you need to do something to get yourself moving and I hope you just get out there and do it!
Old 04-26-2009, 04:23 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I dont have and job and I get disability for my mental illness so I have to find ways to occupy the day. There is a sticky up top with lots of activities, maybe you should check it out. Hope you feel better
Old 04-26-2009, 04:40 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Attended By a Single Hound

Originally Posted by dedubya View Post
I have too much time on my hands. and I dont sleep, and i I have no idea how to stop this. I feel really weird and out of control.-- lost my job but they are paying me for a few months so that parts cool- however that may be a negative- that basically means Well I will stop there- its not your problem. what a piece of crap. didnt mean to rain on the parade.
dub
Voluntary work, my friend -keeps those itchy fingers busy. Had me nearly throwing Jane Austin and Hemingway at people's heads not long ago (I worked in a charity book and record shop, although throwing books at people might also relieve cravings I guess...just avoid the hardbacks, or at least youtube the act so we can all have a laugh ).

Rain on the parade? No one even told me there was one so rain on those impolite buggers all you please, I say

Seriously on the voluntary thing though...there's so much out there and it looks great on a CV or to prospective employers too. I even got the offer of 'kittie cuddling' when I started out doing voluntary. Spending all day waist high in kittens just giving a bit of love in the catery. There's something for everyone (stick to books if you're still considering the throwing things option though...people get more upset at seeing animal cruelty :P)

Tsu
Old 04-26-2009, 04:47 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 51anna View Post
So, Dedubya,

You know that you need to do something to get yourself moving and I hope you just get out there and do it!
anna - you rock. all noted and will try.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:49 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey dw...

You can't just keep sitting in this shiite... You seem like a thoughtful, intelligent, interesting guy... It's time to do something... Sounds like you should see a doc.. I wonder about depression...

-Your not doing the things that bring you joy...
-Your not sleeping...
-You have a very negative outlook and don't seem to have hope for the future

Really... Get some help. Maybe you should start your recovery. Ride the fooking bike for cryin' out loud.

Mark
Old 04-26-2009, 04:51 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Hey dedubya...you know what Yoda said...there is do or not do...there is no try. LOL Wise words from the little guy. Idle hands is the devils playground...Yoda didn't say that but my Mom use to alot! Best of luck.
Old 04-26-2009, 04:58 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

Idle hands the Devils Playground are? lol

Anna and Bugs are right tho, bud. Sitting there is not doing you or anyone else any good, mate.
It horrifies me to say it now, but I wasted a good 5 years that way. Don't do that.

D
Old 04-26-2009, 05:40 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

See how much we care??!!
Old 04-26-2009, 06:12 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Attended By a Single Hound

My Dad always said 'Idle hands are the devil's playthings'...but then thinking on it...he kept his busy with drink, not much different to me...

Anyhow, devils aside, all the best to ya', and check out the kittie cuddling. Really think abita' voluntary could help a lot of us.

Or was it...'Idle minds are the devil's playground', meh...my brain's as addled as his. Still, good to know I listened as a child...makes me wonder where i went wrong in later life -_-' lol

Last edited by tsukiko; 04-26-2009 at 06:15 PM. Reason: Memory malfunction XP
Old 04-26-2009, 06:22 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

I lost my job almost a year ago. I went into a treatment center for 2 1/2 weeks after getting out of a hospital where I had been for 5 days detoxing. After the treatment center, I went to meetings, sometimes 2 or 3 a day, got a sponsor, a home group, and started working the steps. Now I'm still jobless and have a lot of free time on my hands. I spent a few months in jail, too, and am frustrated with lots....but I still go to meetings lots. I have to....for me....
An AA friend told me he goes to the park and picks up garbage just to get himself out of the house sometimes.
I hope things work out for you.
Old 04-26-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Please see if this link helps with your sleeping probelms

Insomnia? 42 Simple Tips to Help You Get to Sleep - Insomnia treatment, cures

You might also conisder looking for work now
before it is critical....if you have not
been doing so.

Action! moving forward takes action.