Notices

Newcomer in trouble

Old 04-23-2009, 03:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exclamation Newcomer in trouble

Help guys i am in trouble

i am so angry and am in floods of tears as i right this. i am 2 months sober but my whole body is kicking for a drink right now. Probably why i am crying because of pure frustration because i know it wont change anything or make the situation go away.

I dont know ifyou guys were online earlier when i explained what was going on but just incase you werent i will explain again.

my daughter was rushed into hospital with a hole in the heart last week. the outlook didn't look promising and the doctors told me to prepare for the worst. Today they operated on her to put an umbrella to see if that closed the hole in her heart. There were complications during the operation and now she is on a life support machine in a coma. My heart is breaking and i am so angry that this is happened to my little girl my precious angel.

i need you guys at the moment to talk to me and support me so i am not on my own going through this pain. So if anyone anyone can send me a message or post i would really appreciate it

thank you guys

take care
steph
Old 04-23-2009, 03:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

God bless you and yours, and best wishes. Just concentrate on love now in my opinion. Thanks for posting.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:24 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

(((Steph)))

My thoughts are with you and your daughter.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

((((HUGS))))

Hi Spiritual,

I remember your story. I have thought of you a few times since then and wondered how things were going. I am so sorry you are going through this. I don't really know what to say but wanted you to know that we are here for you at SR. I will send some prayers out to your daughter.

:praying:praying
Old 04-23-2009, 03:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Dear Steph,

I am so sorry for you and your daughter right now, words of comfort can't begin to address how you must feel.

Do you have any family or friends that can be with you?

Please know that you are both in my thoughts.

Many hugs, dear lady.

Donna
Old 04-23-2009, 03:47 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by spiritual View Post
Help guys i am in trouble

i am so angry and am in floods of tears as i right this. i am 2 months sober but my whole body is kicking for a drink right now. Probably why i am crying because of pure frustration because i know it wont change anything or make the situation go away.

I dont know ifyou guys were online earlier when i explained what was going on but just incase you werent i will explain again.

my daughter was rushed into hospital with a hole in the heart last week. the outlook didn't look promising and the doctors told me to prepare for the worst. Today they operated on her to put an umbrella to see if that closed the hole in her heart. There were complications during the operation and now she is on a life support machine in a coma. My heart is breaking and i am so angry that this is happened to my little girl my precious angel.

i need you guys at the moment to talk to me and support me so i am not on my own going through this pain. So if anyone anyone can send me a message or post i would really appreciate it

thank you guys

take care
steph
Steph, I am so sorry to hear about your daughter. My sister had three holes in her heart, when she was a baby, two the size of dimes and one the size of a quarter, if I recall correctly. There is nothing more devastating than being unable to help your baby. You feel as is there is nothing you can do, but Steph there IS something you can do. And that IS NOT TO TAKE THAT FIRST DRINK! Do not do those drugs! It will not solve any problems, hun, and you know it. You will only drown in those problems and what if everything turns out OK, in the end, for your daughter and there is no Mommy around to see her get better???
So many times, I can relate, to how you are feeling in the sense of being in tears, begging my HP to not have those cravings. Not be in "need" of drugs. So many times I've fought this battle. So many times I had failed and had regrets, remorse, and guilt. All the shame. Only because I was lucky enough to live through it. What happens if you don't.. I know it's cliche, but play the tape all the way through before you take that drink.
Pray. Even if you don't believe in a HP, just pray. I'll be praying for you and your daughter. *HUGS* I am sorry you are having such a tough time honey!!!
Old 04-23-2009, 03:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ridgeback Lover

Spiritual, you can do this. Your doing the right thing in reaching out. Remember anger comes from a lot of different emotions, helplessness, frustration, sadness, not knowing the outcome, or knowing where to turn.

My daughter had 2 heart surgeries for the same thing before she was 1. My wife would stay at the hospital and I would go home and drink. I wasn't there as I should have been. So please, be there for her, maybe talk to the doctor there and tell them what you are going through and they might have something with which to help you. I have talked to folks who have had their kids born with their hearts outside of their chests and they turned out ok. My prayers are with you. thanks for posting.

My daughters second surgery was absolutly nerve racking, we did not think that it was going to work, but thankfully it did. She is 6 in a week and is not on any meds. So there is hope.

hug
Old 04-23-2009, 03:51 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
let it grow!

oh steph, as a mom i can certainly understand your fear. maybe that's what it really is - fear? i sometimes confuse fear with anger, so i just mention that in hopes it will help you today.

prayers, sweetie. please know there are folks here at sr praying for you and your daughter.

hugs, k
Old 04-23-2009, 03:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

Hey Spiritual,
My prayers are going out to you. Just try to stay calm. Your daughter needs you sober and thinking clearly so do not do not take that drink. Maybe the docs can give you something to keep you calm but for now honey, you need a clear head, not a drunk one. Stay clean for her so you can be there when she needs you the most. I will be praying for you and your family.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Prayers going out for you both today.:praying
Old 04-23-2009, 04:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Steph,
I am so sorry for what you are going through right now. My prayers and love are to you and your daughter. Please take care of yourself.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:22 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am so very sorry that you are going through this awful situation.

I am sending prayers and hugs for you and your daughter.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I am so sorry... I can't imagine your pain. I will hold you and your daughter in my thoughts.
Old 04-23-2009, 04:30 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Steph, I am so sorry for what you are going through, hon! Believe me when I say there is nothing so bad that a drink won't make it worse!

Keep posting, take some slow deep breaths. You've made it this far. I'm going to light a candle for your precious baby girl, okay? :ghug :ghug
Old 04-23-2009, 04:35 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Oh Steph,

I am so sorry. Saying many prayers for your daughter and you.
Congrats on your two months, that is making you stronger than
you realize right now.
I will also light a candle today for you both.
Keep us posted how you are doing...
Old 04-23-2009, 05:17 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My prayers are going out for your daughter, and for you also.

It is good you came for support, now is the time to draw on family, friends and anyone who can help you. This is a scary thing for any mama to go through.

Hugs
Old 04-23-2009, 05:21 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I will also light candles for both of you. I am so sorry but stay strong for both of you!! Please let us know what happens I'm sending you LOTS of positive energy!!
Old 04-23-2009, 05:22 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Hi Spiritual,

I can definitely understand the compulsion to run from such a difficult situation, but I agree that you need to be there for your daughter. If she were in your shoes, you gotta wonder if she'd be there for you? I bet she would, and probably arguing with the doctors because they're not doing it right. Hang in there, you have friends here who will help pull you through.

Like you, I was really tempted to drink today, I'll have thirty days tomorrow, and received a nice check today, so the thought was with me off & on all afternoon. Well, I'm sitting here at my computer reading when my phone rings. I look at the caller I.D. and it's local, so I answer the call. It turns out to be some guy at the county jail, he got a DUI, and was calling his friend, but apparently misdialed the number. He was begging me to call his friend, because he only gets one call and he blew it calling me. I just got off the phone with his friend, who stated he couldn't do anything for him, he's on his own. Well, my visions of a good time drinking went right out the window with that call. In the end, whether it's a DUI or your daughter's condition, it's just not worth the shame, frustration, and disappointment that goes right along with that first drink.

Keep in touch here and you can pull through.
Old 04-23-2009, 05:24 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Sending hugs and prayers for you and your daughter.

Amy
Old 04-23-2009, 05:59 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

My prayers continue for both of you