SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   TOPIC: Do You Have A Dirty Little Secret? You're The Only One That Has To Know. (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/174901-topic-do-you-have-dirty-little-secret-youre-only-one-has-know.html)

aasharon90 04-22-2009 01:53 PM

TOPIC: Do You Have A Dirty Little Secret? You're The Only One That Has To Know.

Do you have a dirty little secret to share?:c032:

No one but you has to know.

I can eat a dozen donuts about now.:c025:

Tommyh 04-22-2009 01:57 PM

me too sharon......those jelly filled ones.....

Aysha 04-22-2009 01:57 PM

I actually have no secrets at all.
I have always been pretty open with myself.
There isnt anything my grams and most of my family doesnt know about me.
Right down to the most degrading things I have done in addiction.
Your only as sick as your secrets..

AlkalikeH 04-22-2009 02:00 PM

Everything is pretty much out there, always had ; )

Good thread nonetheless!

All the best to you and SR! :)

aasharon90 04-22-2009 02:10 PM

No one pees in the shower? :tapping

flutter 04-22-2009 02:23 PM

Not anymore.. most of mine were hidden in the closet, under the sink, in my underwear drawer, behind books on the bookshelf, in the freezer, or in my purse.

whew... it's nice to have a clutter free house :)

CrackQuack 04-22-2009 02:26 PM

Yeah, unfortunately I still have two secrets that I haven't told anyone in the real world. Maybe someday I will..

Latte 04-22-2009 02:30 PM

Me, my sponsor and God. Those are the only people/entities who know the few secrets that I was most ashamed of. I had to get rid of those. Once I told I was able to let them go. What a wonderful feeling.

Fubarcdn 04-22-2009 02:57 PM

I never kiss and tell. :)

Mattcake 04-22-2009 03:05 PM

LOL! Great topic. After coming out of the closet and dealing with addiction, my secrets seem pretty harmless... :wink: a few :

I give Whiskas Treats to my parents' cat when I visit once a week. That cat sure loves me, and my mother is soooo jealous. It's funny.

I always check caller ID before answering the phone.

People comment on "Matt smell"- in a good way, lol. I have a secret concoction of liquid stuff that I spray on my clothes after they've been laundered.

Although my panic disorder is in remission, I always keep a tab of sublingual Klonopin hidden in my wallet.

I'm gay and I love rugby!

I've kept a journal since I was 10 - it's absolutely off limits to everyone.

least 04-22-2009 03:14 PM

If I had any 'dirty little secrets' and told them here, everyone here would know! Now why would I tell my secrets to the whole cyber-world?

I'll give you a clue: my secrets have nothing to do with doughnuts!

Bamboozle 04-22-2009 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by aasharon90 (Post 2202717)
No one pees in the shower? :tapping

LOL

Sure I do....sometimes. :)

When I don't go before I step in and the water is warm and....well....as long as the drain's not clogged up, it's all good.

Gypsy Feet 04-22-2009 03:17 PM

Theres a reason why THAT one is a secret. . .

lovinmenow 04-22-2009 04:07 PM

Only a dozen donuts?...Amateur!!! LOL

aasharon90 04-22-2009 04:33 PM

:a143:Cinnamon twist ..... a dozen...
followed by a million :ExeJump:

Man im hungry for hot right out the oven
donuts.....lol

Ill :mowing mow the lawn afterwards....lol

Tommyh 04-22-2009 08:33 PM

I used to get drunk,pass out,and pee in my pants
my friend "fatback"(real name Darrell) used to pass out,get up later - and pee in the closet or on the stereo....

when I get as bad as he is..i`ll quit.....peeing...yep...I had a peeing problem along with a drinking problem...it`s really bad when you are in denial...a x-wino asked me once if i ever walked on water,i said no
he said he did,he used to stagger down the street with wet socks...he had peeded in his pants...

penny74 04-23-2009 01:45 AM

l think that EVERYONE has something he/she doesn't want other people to know.....

No matter where you go or what you do, you live your entire life within the confines of your head. ~Terry Josephson

aasharon90 04-23-2009 02:33 AM

I went to a Brian Adams mini concert :v9at the
fair grounds many moons ago during my
drinking career. My girl friend and i drank
and drank as i tried to get the guy behind
the counter to give me the shirt off his
back.....it was the one i wanted.

Hours later and no t-shirt, my friend and
I headed :1244:to the car.

Boy we needed to pee.

We were so smashed and just didnt have
the energy to walk back to the bathrooms
so we just peed in our jeans, hopped in the
car and drove home.

Who cared. Not us.

We sure had fun tho. :c011:

Tommyh 04-23-2009 03:39 AM

got loaded and run down the road naked in N Myrtle beach 30 years ago
not a pretty sight....but I can laugh about it now...

Tazman53 04-23-2009 03:45 AM

Your only as sick as your secrets
I did not have many secrets, but I did have one that I held on to for over 35 years, it brought me a great deal of guilt and shame, I was 12 or 13 and it ate at me a lot, in my 4th step inventory I wrote it all down except that!!!! Well I sat down with my sponsor to do my 5th step, the first thing he asked me was "Martin, what is your deepest, darkest secret?" I told him, and as I told him the guilt and the shame of it all was lifted, some how by getting it out there I was able to see that what I had done was not all that bad, and considering how young I was I knew then that I was surely not the only person to have ever done that. At that point I was almost totally rid of that guilt and shame, the full freedom came in step 9 as I made amends for that, the person I thought I had so deeply wronged laughed at me and said "Man no harm was done, it never bothered me, I can not beleive you felt bad about that, especially after all these years! I was FREE!!!!!

Secrets? No thanks, not worth it, I do have plenty of things that are not for the world to know, but they are known to those who need to know, because they were part of it or affected by it.

I do not need to let you all know about me getting cookie crumbs in the bed almost every night, that is just none of your business, you all have no need to know the number of chocolate chip cookies I can eat in one sitting in bed!