Notices

I am so screwed up right now mentally

Old 04-23-2009, 05:41 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mazz View Post
i can identify with all you say , im in that boat ,feeling the same way 3am yep thats a bad place . I find it helps to have a project on the go if it interest you then the cravings subside.
anyway this is my first post so i hope im doing it right good luck
hey mazz-
thanks. taking your advice. will update. good advice for an ocd/have to be busy guy.
later - dub
Old 04-23-2009, 05:49 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by electrickery View Post
So how did you go? I hope you got to doing the things you actually wanted too despite you fatalistic "good luck with one of those" negative self talk. Keep us posted! And maybe come join me in the 'sober for two weeks and under' thread.....

I hope that right now you are cruising around on your bike somewhere.
thanks man- i am doing dbl duty- upper body first (not that i have one), and getting ready for a relatively short 20 miler. you guys rock
Old 04-23-2009, 05:51 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Windy today, but I'm gonna try to ride... Hope you will too... If you ride hard and long, maybe you'll sleep better... and you won't be up at 3:00 am, drinkin'.

One of the miracles of sobriety for me is that I sleep!!!! It's awesome.

Mark
Old 04-23-2009, 07:30 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Cubile75 View Post
Windy today, but I'm gonna try to ride... Hope you will too... If you ride hard and long, maybe you'll sleep better... and you won't be up at 3:00 am, drinkin'.

One of the miracles of sobriety for me is that I sleep!!!! It's awesome.

Mark
thanks man- you are right about that.
Old 04-23-2009, 07:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Dub - you were one of the first people to welcome me here almost a month ago. I think everyone here has given you great advice, and I think you are an intelligent person and know what you need to do. The challenge is doing it right?

One foot in front of the other my friend. You can do this.

Jayne
Old 04-23-2009, 07:56 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Have you made a plan for sobriety and do you have someone to talk to F2F? Have you tried AA or other alternative meetings?
It was really empowering for me to make a plan. It made me feel I was at least on the road to somewhere instead of on the road to falling down again.
I was an extremely heavy drinker, by anyone's standards. I could outdrank most of the men I know.
I felt so relieved when I finally worked out a plan for my recovery. It involved a lot of support from various sources.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:18 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hey Dub, I hope your day is going well and you are out on your bike working some of that stink off...

Thinking of you...
Old 04-23-2009, 11:47 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

thanks toomutch and the team here- i havent slept in a few days- maybe a few hours at most- i just cant. I just need to get my crap together. well- you have to start somewhere. Its amazing how fast I went from racing bicycles (usually in the middle of the pack but at least trying) to this state- what a joke and waste. I say this often but just think everyone here is so cool.
Best-
Dub
Old 04-23-2009, 11:53 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

thanks- much appreciated my friend.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:55 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by steamvessel View Post
I know what you mean. Unemployment complicates things, the structure and distraction, along with the feeling of accomplishment from a job can really help to not only lessen cravings, but keep you in a place mentally where you don't go overboard. Hang in there.
thanks man- i seem to be in a state of self pity (- which is completely ridiculous if you were to know me)- I love competition and challenge. anyway I cant believe the power of this disease. and the power of my not having anything to do- for me that is a dangersous combo....maybe i will go to a homeless shelter tomorrow or something and use my time doing something besides drinking and feeling stupid.
thanks again
dub