Notices

Needing some encouragment!

Old 04-21-2009, 03:13 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Needing some encouragment!

I posted this morning about howb wonderful it feels to be 9 days off of pain pills and I feel like I did a 180 today. Im really stressed out. My baby is sick and now having a allergic reaction to his antibiotics. My house is a mess and HE is so fussy he wont let me put him down to clean or get dinner ready. I keep thinking about how wonderful it would feel to have a couple of Lortabs right about now. I cant get it out of my head. I went as far as to dial my sources number just to hang up before anyone answered. I dont want to screw up now. Im so proud of how far ive come. I know I need to start going to some Na meeting but I dont know how. WE are new to this state and I have no one here to watch my three kids. My husband often works out of town and gets home to late for any meetings. I feel so stuck. I feel so alone in all this. I really want pills,BAD. I keep thinking that a couple of pills arent going to hurt but I know they will. I need some words of encourgment.:
Old 04-21-2009, 03:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi grace. It sounds like you are under tremendous stress and if you can just make it through the day you will feel so proud (and we will be proud of you too!) Take some deep breathes and try to relax a little, this too shall pass.

You might google NA meetings in your area and see if any of them have child care, some might. Also, some people bring their kids with them to meetings.

Hang in there and just dont use, it isnt worth it! Stick around and read and post.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Resident

Hi Grace.
I know it is tough right now but it will get better.
Try to remember how bad the first few days of quitting were.
You don't want to go through that again.

Hang in. We are all here in your corner.
Old 04-21-2009, 03:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Grace,

I'm sorry about your baby being sick. I hope that you can change his antibiotics and get him feeling better soon.

You are doing great! It's normal to have ups and downs in early recovery. Just get through this and you'll be stronger.

You are not alone! Keep reading and posting here, and feel our strength.
Old 04-21-2009, 04:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi Grace,
I just wanted to say I am so glad of what you are doing. It is never easy early on but it is so worth it in the long run. Hang in there you and your family are worth it!!
Old 04-21-2009, 05:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((Grace)))

I'm sorry the baby is sick, and I know that just makes things even more stressful.

Good for you on 9 days!!! Hang on to that feeling and know that if you were to take "just 2 pills" it wouldn't end with that, and you would feel really bad mentally. Once we have some clean time, any slip or relapse really does a number on us mentally and it's just not worth it...been there, done that.

I hope you can find a way to get to a meeting, or at least get the baby settled down and stick around on SR for a while for now. That's helped me out a lot of times.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 04-21-2009, 07:24 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
6/20/08

How are you doing, Grace?
Old 04-21-2009, 07:52 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Grace, I hope your little one is doing better now... that is hard, no matter what! 9 days is great, and it is awesome you are looking for a meeting. Maybe write down or print off times and have it ready for the days your husband is home? I go to NA and also Celebrate Recovery which is a Christian recovery group that meets in a church-- and have great childcare in the nursery. If that appeals to you, it is worth a try! I've met many wonderful supportive women in our group... lots of issues attend the meetings including addicts, alcoholics, codependents, etc. ((Hugs to you))