Notices

9 days and counting!!!

Old 04-21-2009, 07:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking 9 days and counting!!!

Hi everyone! I've made it 9 days. I already feel like a new person. I still think about pills,pills,pills all the time but I have resisted temptation so far. The worst part is I dream about Pills everynight. I dream of how good it feels to take them but then Im disappointed in myself in my dream. I guess its good that I feel so bad about taking pills even in my dreams. I made a really hard choice this weekend. I decieded to cut all the people out of my life that were my sources and enablers. That was hard because some were actually friends but until I get stronger I cant deal with the temptation they offer. I have to consenstrate on my recovery. I thank God for the rewarding feeling I have when I end each day sober and stronger than before. Although its still hard I find that each day I wake ready to take on this demon instead of being afraid of it. I thank everyone on this site that has supported me you have no idea how much this has helped me. Today is a good day to be alive and actually feel alive.:ghug
Old 04-21-2009, 07:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi grace33 ,

Congrats on your day 9 !
Keep it up . You are the rock ,

warmly , witt
Old 04-21-2009, 07:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Grace,

Congrats on your nine days.

Early recovery whether it be an addiction to pills or alcohol, many of us have those dreams you speak of...I had many of them...

Keep it up, you can do this.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congrats Grace on your day 9 - great start.. sounds like you are having some rewards already - feeling your sobriety.. Thanks for posting and letting us know how it is going for you... Keep it up! The rewards are huge!
Old 04-21-2009, 08:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

9 days is awesome, the dreams do slow down in frequency, but I don't think we ever escape them permanently, but I do on occassion now realize it is a dream.
Old 04-21-2009, 08:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Grace, 9 nine days! that is super!
Old 04-21-2009, 10:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on having nine clean days!
Old 04-21-2009, 11:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
it's a movie, you're the star

Hey Grace!

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is toooooo exciting! I can totally relate to your pill dreams - I also am struggling with this obsession to get high, and I was also a huge pill head. But, when I get cravings or just that intense urge to use, I try to hit a face to face meeting, call my sponsor, or exercise/read/watch a movie.

So far, so good.

Congrats, again, stay safe!

Rach
Old 04-22-2009, 04:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by grace33 View Post
Hi everyone! I've made it 9 days. I already feel like a new person. I still think about pills,pills,pills all the time but I have resisted temptation so far. The worst part is I dream about Pills everynight. I dream of how good it feels to take them but then Im disappointed in myself in my dream.
First, congrats on your nine days!! I am so proud of you! The first few months is so hard. I know it as I am on day 79 here myself.
The dreams, I think, are pretty normal. I started having them when I first started trying to get clean. I'd dream about smoking crack and wake up feeling awful from them. Sometimes, they were so vivid, I actually woke up thinking I HAD been out all night smoking crack. I'd check my clothes and my surroundings, and even ask friends about my own whereabouts! Seriously! They will pass, eventually. I don't have my dreams anymore. They can be a bit upsetting, I understand that.
I had one, when I tried to quit smoking cigarettes. I figured it was my mind's way of telling me it wasn't time to give up that habit just yet. Some people can give it all up, but apparently I am not one of them. LOLOLOL
Congrats, again! Keep coming back to SR!