Notices

How much did you/do you drink?

Old 04-20-2009, 07:40 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing!

I too drank wine. Living in a fairly liberal Latin country made me believe it was almost "normal" to drink 2-3 litres of wine a day. Plus wine is very cheap (1$/litre). I would still go to work and seem quite normal there (somehow I got away with it for quite some time). I'd have three large beers for lunch. I'd stop by the store first thing on my way home and get 2-3 litres cartons of cheap wine. I'd change stores sometimes, to avoid being "spotted". I had almost stopped eating, and my stomach was all upset. I tried to stay away from hard liquor in order to be "in control". I'd start every day with .5 litres (at least) of wine. I realize that for long periods of time I was NEVER sober. I also stopped throwing up long ago. I had started to look like Gollum from the Lord of the Rings.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:47 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
A new dawn and new chapter

You know it's funny now that it was mentioned. I'm not a big soda drinker but today I picked up a 32oz soda today and I siped on this thing for about 2 hours. If I drink soda to fast it upsets my stomach some because it's a bit to syrupy and sugary not to mention letting off earth shattering belches. But yet on the other hand I could get a case worth a beer and burn right through that. And in a two hour time frame I wouldn't of just siped through 32oz worth, more like chugged down 8-12 beers. Just funny how that works, a sugary drink vs. a poisonous one.
Old 04-20-2009, 07:47 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

My drink was Vodka, and not sissy drinks either. Nice strong & big glasses.
The last 6 months was every night pretty much.
It was not uncommon for me to go through .5 liter a night with out a problem. Anything to help me sleep & forget.

Im sure my liver still hates me!
Old 04-20-2009, 08:13 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

In the last year or so of my drinking I would drink 4 to 5 LARGE glasses of wine. My glass was probably eight ounces not the standard five. And if I was drinking box wine , I would probably lose track and it could be up to six glasses of wine.

I would buy box wine so my husband could not track how much I was drinking.

anyway ,glad that is all over!

jules67
Old 04-20-2009, 08:15 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

On a weekend, wasn't nothing for me to drink over a case or so in a day.

Not sure, where I put it looking back . Usually, by that point of drinking a few lines would be included as well
Old 04-20-2009, 08:24 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
BKP

Beer, Whisky and gin were my 3 choices. I enjoyed wine about twice a month. When I was in college about 8 beers a night and some gin and tonics, close to 12 drinks every night but Tuesday. After college I drank a 6 pack a night. Sad to think about it.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:00 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Thanks man, just for your post,

I find myself drinking about 8 beers every 4 or 5 days or so.
The respect I have for the people who are strong enough to say BUGGER OFF to booze, is quite unbelieveable....

peace mate...
Old 04-20-2009, 10:23 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I drank 10 to 12 beers everynight at the end of my drinking days and occasionally a few shots of tequilia with it. It is amazing any of us are even alive.
Old 08-22-2009, 01:01 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Resurrecting this thread. For the past 2-3 years I was drinking either 3 bottles of wine or a fifth of vodka everyday. Either way, it worked out to 15 servings alcohol a day and on most days I was having 1 serving per hour for each hour I was awake. I was always in a state of functional buzz so I could get work done, and always in my right mind (so I thought), so I was smart enough to avoid things like driving.

No wonder I gained so much weight, my skin got dehydrated and my teeth aren't as pretty. What was I thinking?
Old 08-22-2009, 02:13 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Laozi Old Man

In my 20's I drank about a 6-pack a day.

In my 30's I drank about a 12-pack a day.

In my 40's I had to switch to vodka as beer gave me no buzz (so I thought).

I failed to see the progression because it grew so slowly it was like watching a sapling turn into a tree.
Old 08-22-2009, 02:29 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Rockstar

Gin Jager, beer.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:06 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

enough for the doc to tell me that i would have a heart attack or stroke unless i radically changed my lifestyle and took some pills everyday at the age of 38...i call that a good job done...
Old 08-22-2009, 03:18 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

What I think about I become.

When I give any time to negative thoughts, I energize them.

"There is nothing either good or bad but thinking makes it so" said Shakespeare.
Old 08-22-2009, 03:50 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
capra laeviculus

time to bender

My drinking quantity depended on which relapse I was on...

What has struck me is that each relapse has a shorter "lifetime until bender".

My first relapse resulted in a bender after a year. The second resulted in a bender in three months. The third relapse took about a week, and then one I just came off of was sober to bender in two days.

Usually benders scare me enough that I get a little boost to my sobriety willpower. Especially when I end up in the hospital or jail.

Sounds to me like this is the point at which I really should not do this anymore

-Goat
Old 08-22-2009, 04:42 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Enough to remain isolated.

Enough to waste six years of my life.

Enough to get heart palpitations and intestinal problems.

Blech.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:00 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

My poison of choice was beer. I started out drinking a six pack a night in my early 20's. In my late 20's I moved up to a 12 pack a night. Over the past few years (I'm now 33) I moved on to an 18 pack a night. I probably would have kept progressing had I not noticed mental changes in myself. I started stuttering, couldn't really hold down a conversation, had no memory, etc. And I was waking up with the shakes for the first time in my alcoholic career. Weekends were a little worse. Sometimes I'd drink a 30 pack a day!

I've been sober for all of six days now and I still have that foggy haze in my brain. My doctor says that this will clear up eventually. I hope he's right.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:12 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

When I was drinking beer I would drink 18-24 per day. A full 12 Pack very early and quickly and the other 12 Pack to maintain the rest of the day. One time I drank an entire 12 Pack during the First Quarter watching Football without even realizing it.

Just for sheer logistical reasons I switched to Gin. In my end stage Alcoholism, I would binge 24/7 for three weeks at a time. I would usually consume 1.75 Liters of Gin per day. I would sleep/pass out for 6 hours and then drink for 6 hours continuously. I would not know what time or Day it was. If I ran out after the Liquor Stores were closed, I would Drink entire Bottles of Mouthwash to get me through.

I had a Breathalizer and would sometimes take readings. I would usually stay between a .23 and .36 BAC. After Three weeks of this I simply can't stand it anymore Physically or Mentally. The Detox Penalty for this is Quite Severe.