Notices

I am on vacation right now, and already struggling!

Old 04-22-2009, 07:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Great job Shannon

Like I said I am going to Vegas and am very anxious. I am ok with not drinking I just wish the dwelling over it would go away. You are an inspiration and will think of you while away.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:39 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Glad to hear you are doing well so far Shannon, I was hoping to hear about a Friends of Bill's meeting, my wife & ! are going on a cruise sometime and I imagine it would be neat to make some sober friends in a meeting to go to all the activities on board ship with.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:37 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

That's pretty cool that they would have AA meetings on a cruise, what an awesome idea. Good for you Shannon for staying strong, just remind yourself at how much MORE enjoyment you are getting out of this vacation instead of being drunk and maybe not remembering the cruise or being hungover...that sounds aweful to me to be on water and be hungover...I'm feeling seasick just thinking of it...

Judy
Old 04-22-2009, 09:44 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Dear Shannon
I wish I was with you!!

We have cruised in the past and drinking or not, it is nice. One of the funniest(?) things on our ship was the cruise lines camera crews everywhere taping the activities on deck to sell to passengers later. These tapes played on moniters throughout the ship also. Well the people who were really really drunk when the tapes were filmed could be heard saying "Whoa I don't remember doing that..... Or Oh my G-d I'm so mortified. And yes every one in the dining room etc did know who the unfortunates were that were on the moniters.
So take some consolation that you will not be in one of those tapes!!
It sounds like you are having a good time, doing well.
Enjoy the rest of your cruise and stay the course.
Sara
Old 04-22-2009, 09:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Way to go Shannon!
Old 04-22-2009, 09:37 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

So glad you are finding fun things to do!!!!
Have you been on any of the excursions?
There's some great Mexican food to be had in Belize...just can't remember the name of the restaurant!
Shopping!
Getting dressed up!....

Yes, I am jealous!
Old 04-24-2009, 08:25 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

hello all... checking in... still making it!!!

i still haven't gone to a meeting, but would like to. I'm a little nervous, which has probably kept me from going, but the times have also kept me from them. they have been at 5 the last few days, but i've been napping at that time... haha... the sun and beaches have been kicking my butt. we went zip-lining yesterday in honduras, SOOOO FANTASTIC! we had such a GREAT time!

I'm definitely ready for this trip to end though... i want to get back to normalcy where i don't question myself and think about the drinking at all. But i did very much enjoy myself, this experience has just made me stronger!!!!

Love,
Shannon
Old 04-24-2009, 08:36 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Glad to hear you are having fun! Kind of cool remembering the fun the next day, I know I had a ton of fun I do not remember.
Old 04-24-2009, 08:44 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
it's a movie, you're the star

Oh man, I feel for you! Congratulations on your attitude about staying sober one day at a time, hell, take it one minute at a time if need be!

Stay safe and enjoy the weather =]
Old 04-26-2009, 07:13 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I made it!!!

We are officially off the ship and now waiting in the Tampa airport for our flight home. What an awesome feeling to have gotten thru this week successfully without taking a sip of alcohol!

I also had a great ending to our vacation. I entered a slots tourny with my MIL and SIL yesterday... $20 each. I was the CHAMPION and won $500 buck-a-roos! Karma did me right!! haha

Thanks again for all your helpful responses this past week. Your help as always is greatfully appreciated!!!

Love,

Shannon
Old 04-26-2009, 08:50 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Wow you stayed sober the entire trip and are coming home with 500 buckaroos to boot. I'd say you had a perfect vacation!!!!! Congratulations.