Notices

Im scared

Old 04-17-2009, 01:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Im scared

Hi all, as you may be aware i am a newbie and have recently acknowledged that i have an addiction with alcohol. I made a commitment to myself not to touch a drop today. Its only 9.23am (UK time) and already i have the shakes, my heart feels like its going to pop out of my chest, and i feel so hot and sweaty. How long will this last for???? I scared that my commitment will be overpowerd for my craving. Any ideas guys would be appreciated.
Old 04-17-2009, 01:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm terrified too. But that's all I can say; I know nothing. You're not alone. I just realized I have a problem also...
Old 04-17-2009, 02:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

footprint, it is wise to talk to your doctor before quitting. If the withdrawls you are going through are bad please go to the ER.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I mentioned in your last thread about a medically supervised detox, footprints....I am suggesting it again. Just stopping dead is dangerous. I really would advise talking to your Doc, and from what you have said before he is perfect for your situation.
Old 04-17-2009, 02:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

With proper medical help, you should be feeling "normal' again in 3 or 4 days.
But then the real work begins.....
Good luck.

Advice is like castor oil, easy to give, but dreadful to take."
Old 04-17-2009, 02:32 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Please listen to Stone, get to a doctor now!!!! I am not a doctor, but I can tell you from my own experience that what you are going through now is going to get worse before it gets better!

I was medically detoxed so my detox was not horrible, but about half way through the 3rd day was when I was at my worse, they had to up all of the meds they had me on to keep me from going into the DTs.

Detox can kill you without medical supervision, why not go to the emergency room and just flat out tell them the truth! The truth is a whole lot better then death!!!
Old 04-17-2009, 02:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hi there is it possible for you to get down to your GP today? Good luck and well done for doing this:-)
Old 04-17-2009, 02:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
why not go to the emergency room and just flat out tell them the truth! The truth is a whole lot better then death!!!
No point doing that in the UK, Taz. They tell you to get lost over here.

Seeing the GP is the best idea.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:10 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thanks guys i have spoken to my doc over the phone who has advised me to take two caps not shots on the hour until i can get to him this afternoon to pick up some medication to stop the symtoms that i have experienced. then we can slowly wean them down. I feel much better in myself than i did this morning. I came on this site for advice from others in the same situation as me and you have all been so good with the advice that you have shared with me i need to learn to listen more and take it on board. Thanks again...
Old 04-17-2009, 03:35 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

That's great footprints.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:21 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I got nothin'

Originally Posted by stone View Post
No point doing that in the UK, Taz. They tell you to get lost over here.

Seeing the GP is the best idea.

Wow...

What's their reasoning for the dismissal? I'm just curious...I've read that alcoholism is fairly big problem over there.
Old 04-17-2009, 04:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Bamboozle View Post

Wow...

What's their reasoning for the dismissal? I'm just curious...I've read that alcoholism is fairly big problem over there.
It has happened to me and other people, it is just not their policy to detox people in the ER.

You can arrange to go to detox places but generally have to wait weeks/months. The best way is to do it through your GP I think.

Or you can go to ER complaining of eg. "chest pains" and don't mention detox, if they keep you in to diagnose the "chest pains" they have to detox you....