Notices

just feel hopeless today

Old 04-16-2009, 11:25 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
lunarlovelunar

I dont have anything to add, except, as a woman who didnt have a mom available THANK YOU for taking care of your daughter. I am sorry its been so hard though. :ghug
Old 04-17-2009, 06:28 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

least I have 6 kids, the youngest 2 are now 17, every child is different, my oldest girl went through a really crazy phase, rebellious beyond belief, I threw here out, took her to her mothers house. 2 months later she called & apologized. Was that the right thing to do? For the good of the rest of the family it was and it worked out, in her case she needed to suffer the consequences of her actions.

One of my kids did the same deal with attempted suicide via Ibuprofin, took her to the emergency room and then on to therapy and a shrink, she is doing very well & out of therapy right now.

Another daughter got into drugs and became very rebellious, she was 18, we threw her out for the our own good and the rest of the family, she got clean and turned her life around 180 degrees.

Another daughter has anorexia and we FORCED her into first seeing shrinks & medical doctors and then packed her up and took her to a rehab against her will, she is in recovery now and doing VERY well.

Every child is different and needs to be handled differently, one thing I know to avoid due to my own recovery is enabling!!!

I pray you find what works for her and for you as well.

Hang tough, it may require some tough love and some self protection. One thing you really need to know and accept is her problems are hers and she is going to have to want to change. Pray and now it will come out the way it was meant to for her.