Notices

Newby took the plunge (again) & venting

Old 04-15-2009, 02:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newby took the plunge (again) & venting

Today after 7 years since my last relapse started I decided its time to get clean. When I fall off the boat I really fall!
I scheduled an appointment to get on Suboxone Now I just have to survive the next 7 days until it starts.

For the last 6 months I have been trying to slow down or quit myself. A bad idea and major failure. November I went to my family Dr. and ask for help he explained he was not sopposed to write a script for Suboxone in this situation and refered me to a few other possabilities. He explained this may be the best option to chase and spent a bunch of time educating me. I took his advice and went to the closest one..... After a few wasted days with this Dr. he explains he is 2 weeks from retirement and isnt starting any treatments (but wanted to keep meeting - I decided to decline).

I then went to the other referals - 350 - 600 bucks for a freaking appointment and they wont take insurance. Thats only for the Dr's time.
I would never pay that! My money better spent on Charlies, Perks, Lori or any decent pill (now I realize I was thinking like an addict). So instead of paying that I instead have blown 10 times that on pills since then. Yes I did say 10 times so I figure about $6,000.00-$7,000.00 from November to april.

When I decided to cut back to try to stop eating so many pills I really had an error in thinking If I drank more then I could save money. A 12 pack is cheaper than a couple pills. A pint is cheaper also.
Heck why not just take 1 or 2 pills and drink 6-12 Ice beer that would make a better evening.

Over the last few weeks I have been trying to find treatment / help that i could afford. Monday I contacted a few Drs, Tuesday a few more. Then today I had a referal to a Dr. that I thouht Did Not offer addiction treatment- Wolla the chips fell into place the Dr explained to me they had too much Bull when dealing with addicts and decided to Stop and refer all request out. So I got my “required referral” and set up to start treatment next Friday.

This morning while trying to recall just what happened from 8pm on last night I came to the point this has to stop so I made the call that opened the door.
So when you think all the paths to recovery are blocked look again.

So Just felt like telling someone.
Hope to see ya in chat room
Old 04-15-2009, 06:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Mr.MeToo?

great story bro, welcome to SR. check out the substance abuse forums on this website, lots of cool people there and tons that have experience when dealing with suboxone. (i was an opiate user like you but quit cold turkey, it was easier for me than trying to taper down, could never get the hang of that and ended up relapsing all the time)

Hope to hear more from ya soon ~~ be safe man