Notices

introducing myself better

Old 04-14-2009, 01:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

introducing myself better

I joined a week ago. In the past week, I've only had one miniture wine bottle (equivalent of 4 ounces). That happened last night. Chris, my fiance/ex husband, called me out on it. I felt horrible, but immediately decided to be stronger. I told Chris he needs to be a better influence as he shows up with alcohol on HIS breath as well. I'm gonna beat this, I am!

My name is Monica. I am 39, a paralegal for a criminal/divorce lawyer, and I have a 14 year old son who is my joy and a 12 year old daughter who is my light.

Thank you all for welcoming me last week!
Old 04-14-2009, 01:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Monica,

It's good to get to know you better.

I'm glad you decided to stick with sobriety!

I have two grown children, and I am going to be a grandma in a few weeks and again in September.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:33 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well I missed ya last week. I'm glad you reposted and yes you can be well. You have many, many, many good years in front of you. Post anytime you need support and if that doesn't work try a face to face group. I've used SR exclusively and its worked for me so far. I do know I will try a face to face meeting if I feel this isn't working though.

WELCOME!!!
Old 04-14-2009, 01:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh, my goodness! A grandma! My mom, who we live with, is currently in rehabilitation. She broke her hip in March by falling down the stairs and will be gone another 6 weeks. She's so proud to know I'm doing this while she's gone. My son tells her every day he's proud of me and it really makes me feel good. My daughter "sniffs" my breath daily, lol. It makes me feel good in a way.
Old 04-14-2009, 01:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

Welcome anonchic, I've a son and a daughter as well, being sober for them is very important to me.

I don't know your story but don't be too hard on your husband, I'm like Horsie and only use SR as well, works for me. I don't though expect my wife to stop drinking, not that she really does, if I could have drank as little as she does I wouldn't have bothered I'm telling you.

Only you can do this, and although everyone can support you, it doesn't matter what route you take, you walk most of it alone.

The only person who can truely keep you sober is you.

Good luck.
Old 04-14-2009, 02:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I'm not being hard on Chris, believe me, I just feel he should respect my struggle more. I also want him to quit, but he has to do that on his own. He's a 3-6 beer a day man.

I'm really glad softball season is here because I will not drink and go to the ballpark, which will be quite often!

Monica
Old 04-14-2009, 02:30 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Nice to 'meet' you, monica What beautiful things to say about your kiddos!
Old 04-14-2009, 02:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks Flutter! They are all to me! I've been all they have had all their lives. I divorced their father when my son was 2-1/2 and my daughter was 6 months. He never came around and visited them and when my daughter was 9 she came and asked to call him, so I let her. Now, at 12 and 14, they don't even call him Dad--he never initiates a call or visit and wonders why they don't call him Dad. Chris, my second husband, and I were married 3 years, but have been together a total of 6. We just couldnt' successfully merge 2 families as he has 2 kids he has custody of. We get along wonderfully now and I love him dearly as he does me.

It's so nice to be able to talk to others about my addiction issues! Thank you all for being there!
Old 04-15-2009, 12:03 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Dear Anonchick,"some mistakes are too much fun to only make once." Don't be hard on your self,kids just love their mum.........
Old 04-15-2009, 09:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

You already know that being a sober Mom is going to be
a huge benefit to you and your family....

Glad you shared more with us
Forward we go...side by side
Old 04-15-2009, 09:35 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

My daughter, Rayne, informed Chris last night he needed to quit drinking like her mom is. It hit him hard and he really got serious. My son, Seth, on the other hand has just watched quietly. He's always been that way, though.