Notices

Can't take it anymore

Old 04-21-2009, 02:03 PM
  # 61 (permalink)  

I have contacted a lady in AA and I am meeting her tomorrow or Thursday for coffee

I'm nervous but got nothing left to lose!
Old 04-22-2009, 07:36 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  

I am very proud of you Pixy. I hope it all goes well...you are moving in the right direction.

I guess its time for me to start thinking about it too. I found a women's group that meet on Friday, I may just have to show up and see what happens. I get horrible butterflies in my stomach just thinking about it.

Thanks for all your wisdom Tazman
Old 04-22-2009, 08:30 AM
  # 63 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Pixie & Eclipse it is not wisdom at all, it is experience, I have been where you are at right now, I know that feeling of hopelessness that eventually forced me to overcome all the fears I had of AA, I knew I was going to die a lonesome drunk if I started drinking again after I got out of detox.

I went into that meeting scared, I left that meeting wondering what in the heck was I scared of? I walked out of that meeting with a degree of hope, some of the old timers shared thier stories and I gained hope from them staying sober after where they had been and come back from. They let me know that if I did as they had done I would never have to drink again unless I wanted to. Well so far I have managed to do as they did and I have not found it neccessary to have a drink since then.
Old 04-22-2009, 08:53 AM
  # 64 (permalink)  

Thanks Taz

I am off to meet her in 20min. I have spent the day wondering if I really am an alcoholic and as bad as I think lol

But the bottom line is I will die if I carry on. My body just cant take anymore!
Old 04-22-2009, 08:56 AM
  # 65 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Pixy that is awesome!!! I pray all goes well, some how I feel it will!
Old 06-07-2009, 05:49 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  

Eclipsed, anxiety is usually intensified by alcohol. su by drinking you're making a bad situation worse, And Lorazapam isn't a good choice for alcoholics, either. It has a strong association with addiction. I know the SR gestapo will probably be knocking on me door soon for talking meds, but Klonopin is a far safer choice for alcoholics. You really should see a doctor and relate what's going on. Be sure to stress that you're an alcoholic. See if you need to go through detox, and if so go through it w/ medical supervision. Then check out AA. It saved my life. There are a lot of other options out there, but I feel that AA is the most successful. And if that doesnt work, try some other program. But the bottom line is to stop drinking before you kill yourself.